Thread: M52 Turbo not getting through Annual check up (need help on catalytic converter)

My Cars
    e36 328i turbo

M52 Turbo not getting through Annual check up (need help on catalytic converter)

Hello,

I have a M52B28 with a mosselman turbo setup in the making.

E36 328i
    -cometic MLS headgasket
    -mosselman turbo systems with a Garret 42A/R turbo, currently at 0.75bar of boost
    -8A6G-AA Fomoco injectors build to 440cc
    -innovate scg1 boost controller.
    -stock MAF (use for my annual check up, my 350z maf with resistor is having bad fuel trims at test RPM's)
    -BOV to atmosphere
    -using romraider to tune

goals for testing are:
    max 0,5% CO at idle
    max 0,3% CO at 2K-2,5K rpm neutral.

I am reaching about 0,3% to 0,8% at idle
    at 2k-2,5K RPM i am failing as well, but I do not know the exact numbers

right now I have a magnaflow 53006 CAT which i suspect is insufficient,But i can use some help/input from the more experienced on how I can get my CO values down!

(I have tried the search function, but I get an error)

My Cars
    99 m3
    What are your afrs at those points?

What are you doing to make sure the cats are up to temp?

No reason your car shouldn’t pass. Its all in the hardware and tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 Tiag/Dove M3 - sold
    1998 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 TiAg/Black - Current

PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Fx725 twin ceramic, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, 14mm diff bolt conversion, Poly engine mounts, UUC trans W/ enforcers, Custom Ms41 id1700 E85 tune..... BUILD THREAD

My Cars
    e36 328i turbo
    I have tried on 2 different tunes, and I am sure i have some tuning to do to get my AFR's more stable.
    my last logs from idle show AFR's between 13,9 and 15,3. they average out at 14,74 but since they are doing the measurements in peak, that wont help me passing the test.

so, yes, my tune is not the best atm, AFR's fluctuate to much and i have got some work to do.
    but still, will the CAT that I have now be sufficient enough when I will get my AFR's more stable?

I did a long rung of about an hour with 120-150km/h before going to the garage where they do the test.
    everything was fully up to operating temp. since my car didn't pass, I am not alloud to drive it anymore.
    so next time I will have to rev it up to 3k RPM for some minutes and hope for the best.