Thread: 1st BMW: 2012 Z4 35i M Sport 7K Orig Miles

My Cars
    2012 Z4 35i M Sport

1st BMW: 2012 Z4 35i M Sport 7K Orig Miles

Last month the wife & I started looking for a used convertible summer toy. We test drove a Porsche Boxster, Mercedes SLK 250 & 350, Mini Cooper and a BMW Z4 28i & 35i. We liked the Z4 the best in almost every category so the real search began. I looked at all the normal cars for sale sites, local dealers and local craigslist but just couldn't find anything that made us want to take the leap. I decided to search Seattle craigslist (3 hours away) and did find one that looked "not too bad" but then for some reason I decided to search San Francisco craigslist (10 hours away) and there she was. A 2012 35i M Sport in Mineral White Metallic, Canyon Brown Merino Leather with an advertised 7,000 miles. I thought it was a typo...maybe they forgot a zero and it was actually 70,000. Besides, buying a high dollar item via Craigslist is always a gamble and more than likely it was a mistake, a scam or if it was legit, already sold. But I gave the seller a call anyway and after a 20-minute conversation, the wife and I booked a flight to SFO for the very next day. Flew down there, jumped in our rental car and drove to the seller's residence. Their garage door opened up and O...M...F...G! She was gorgeous! 7,040 miles and looked like it was still on the showroom floor. No scratches, no marks or scuffs of any kind inside and out. It was driven only on sunny Sundays and even then only when the owner was in the mood for a drive. It had never seen rain nor mud...hell she probably never seen an overcast day. We drove it home, with the top down of course, and took the long way up the California coast and through the Redwoods....what a drive that was. Oh...a very nice & spendy Covercraft WeatherShield HD car cover was in the trunk so extra bonus.

We are both in love with our new Z4 and look forward to some fun and exhilarating summer drives. We are happy to be part of the BMW family.

pics: https://imgur.com/a/6PSp2nr

My Cars
    Z3, Z3 Cpe, Z4is, 525it
    Congrats! Nice looking Z

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Sweet looking ride, congrats!

My Cars
    2009 z4, 2000 Porsche,
    Great new car story. I also had to travel some, to N.C. The seller also opened the door to the garage, (which was air conditioned and equipped with a car lift.} My wife's expression was unmistakable. I was able to inspect anything and everything. It was better than new.
    That was three years ago. It is driven on nice days and short trips to the mountains.
    I just wish I could drive along the coastal highway with it as well. I do get to the Smoky Mountains and the famous Tail of the Dragon.
    Nice photography too. Mine is Titanium Silver.