Thread: oil everywhere

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 2012 X5 35d

oil everywhere

I have what I thought was a major oil leak...it's from the transmission, torque converter is dry, but transmission fluid comes out in dribs and drabs and occasionally pours in a stream. The bellhousing top and sides are dry, but the bottom also shows signs of fluid, but it looks motor oil...thoughts? is it common for the "#7" o-ring to go, or just the #6 pump seal?

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    If it's engine oil and the transmission oil I would say rear main seal and the transmission output shaft seal.

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    If it is an auto transmission, check the lines to the transmission cooler where they bolt up to the transmission. They have an o-ring. I have seen where these lines are only finger tight. If I remember correctly, they are on the right side of the transmission up in the tunnel, but are accessable from under the car.
    CSi #18 - Car & Driver Magazine 1994 actual test car
    -- Hellrot/Black-Gray (1 of 1 NA CSi color combination)
    BMWCCA E31 Chapter International Clubs Liaison
    North America Representative, 8er.or Board of Directors

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 2012 X5 35d
    -the transmission oil is coming from inside the bell housing but the converter is dry, no engine oil here, so the rear main is ok,
    -i'll check the transmission lines, but as mentioned, the transmission oil is pouring from the screened area, none on the outside...