Thread: Trouble with idle and power

My Cars
    323i

Trouble with idle and power

What’s up guys , I have a 2000 323i sedan 5 speed ,I’ve had the car for about 5 years now and I’ve done a ton of work but lately been trying to track down a misfire problem for the last month now , throwing codes p0130-bank one sensor one oxygen sensor as well as p0301 p0302 and p0303 which are misfires for bank one and bank one only(cylinders 1,2,3) , now I’ll tell you the work I’ve done already which I would of thought would be reason for the codes

NGK spark plugs
    Coils
    Valve cover gasket
    MAF sensor (used but did increase mpg)
    Camshaft sensor position A(intake side)
    02 sensors both front position(which I am getting a code for one)
    02 sensor rear position only 1 replaced
    New oem air filter

I had checked all intake boots none of them are cracked however they still are the oem , I cleaned ICV, throttle body ,I’ve checked the DISA valve and the spring is fine there was gunk and I’ve cleaned it since and made sure everything has been put back in place correctly , I’ve checked fuses in the E BOX made sure none of them are fried, just pretty much stuck now , I’ve seen a couple threads with people having my issue but none of them are clear to me about the problem

I will add and if someone can put some insight on this maybe they can figure out the issue , let’s say I’m going about 55mph I’m also btw getting the sluggish power obviously and I shift to 3rd gear and now the engine is sucking in a bit more air then usual and I wait about I’d say 10 seconds , BAM , i have full power until I come to a red light and my idle is poor and I loose the full power ,

I’ve also done the coil test and learned that there is no change in coil 1 , but would that cause the rest of the bank to misfire and have an 02 sensor code ?

Anyone has any insight on this please lmk thank you

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Is the fu l pump original? When was the fuel filter last changed?

The factory fuel pump is good for 5000 hours of operation. The filter should be changed every 40k miles. Also, your car has a separate fuel pressure regulator. It could be causing your problem. Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. It needs to be at least 50psi at all engine speeds.