Thread: 2011 328i VS 2018 M3

My Cars
    2011 328i BMW

2011 328i VS 2018 M3

OK, I am *really* attached to my 2011 328i, so please keep this in mind if some of y'all are wanting to know *why* this is a question =)

However, I have heard there are some computer issues for my year/model of BMW that may soon be an issue. Plus, it *is* getting older, soo...

Is the 2018 M3 a good option? I test drove one the other day and really liked it. A bit 'loud' & a bit more computer stuff on it (I think I am an exception to the rule, but the less computer stuff, the better for me....), but other than the price tag, its a good option. BUT I am not finding hardly any reviews. I am guessing its new enough there are not much out there yet, but....

If y'all had to decide on keeping your 2011 328i VS getting a new 2018 M3, what would you decide? Or have you heard any personal reviews on the M3 to make my decision a bit easier?

Thanks!

My Cars
    You're comparing apples to oranges, and it's a decision only you can make. Is the 328 paid for? Will you be taking a loan out on the M3? Ongoing maintenance on an E90 328 would probably be less expensive in the long run than payments on an M3. What kind of condition is your E90 in? Have you done all the usual suspects like oil leaks, water pump, coils, etc?
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I would be bored out of my mind in a 328i, but the fact that you like it tells me you don’t need the power and handling of the M3. You don’t need to spend the extra money. And you might not be happy paying more for tires and buying them more often and having higher maintenance costs once out of warranty and getting worse MPG. I happily pay for performance.