Thread: E36 2JZ needing some help & ideas

My Cars
    E36

E36 2JZ needing some help & ideas

Ok not sure this is the correct place to post this but I figured the FI guys would be my best bet. Im just wrapping up my my 2JZ build and having a hell of a time trying to figure out what I should do about the heater core lines. As you can see in the pics there is very little room between the heater outlet pipes and the fuel rail. The other problem is there is no room for the heater valve itself in the stock location. I want to make it as clean as possible without lines running everywhere so any ideas would be great.
    image1.jpg
    image1-1.jpg

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, 98 M3/2/5
    You're most likely going to have to extend the hoses and mount it somewhere else like near the ABS pump. You will need to find some 90 degree hoses/couplers to get around those tight areas.

My Cars
    E36 2JZ
    Extend the hoses and make sure they are high quality. Heat makes them very hard so make a nice custom setup you won't have to worry about later.

My Cars
    E36
    Thanks, hopefully I can pull it off without making a total cluster F out of it.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, 98 M3/2/5
    If you're near the SGV in SoCal then you can check out HPS(High Performance Silicone) in City of Industry for nice silicone hoses and couplers.

My Cars
    E36 Sedan
    delete the heater core lines and glue some shorter metalpipes in like this.

30740637_2009507645745256_5626083828326989824_n.png

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    Need to eliminate the heater core tri-bend and replace it with flexible hoses coming out to the engine. I don't know what exact size the hard tubing is that runs from the core, but if it's a standard size, you could always install flared AN fittings on it to properly transition to a nice hose. (Could also use compression fittings if lines are too hard to flare, but I'm pretty sure they are just Al lines) See if you can get a set of calipers on each line to see what they are then McMaster a fitting solution. It's just coolant, should be easy-ish compared to everything else you've done so far. Just make sure you do it right as you don't want 220F coolant springing a leak inside the cabin, then onto your feet. No epoxy/glue/etc.

s-l300.jpg
    Last edited by wgknestrick; 05-11-2018 at 08:37 AM.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    just make sure if you put hoses on those pipes you bead roll them. or else they will slow seep. this was my location, ran heater hose to the hardpipes inside the cabin and then uses a marine foam filler to seal the bulkhead. if i were to do it again i would extend the harness and remote mount it though.

864de4ec-1acb-4a19-a3ec-3b80a957430e.jpg

My Cars
    E36
    Thanks for all the ideas so far guys.

I think I am going to try and mount it close to the ABS pump for now and see how that turns out. Im really trying to keep it away form the turbo side so I don't end up melting everything. I found some 90 degree lines so I am going to give them a go first, Anymore ideas keep them coming.