Thread: BluntTech Euro Bumper Conversion Brackets for E21

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5

BluntTech Euro Bumper Conversion Brackets for E21

Flashback to a thread I posted looking for BMACs front bumper brackets : https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-bumper-mounts

I never heard back about anyone having a set to offer for sale, so I began to forget about ever finding them until one day when I was browsing BluntTech for LED taillight conversions for a 2002... I saw they had front & rear Euro conversion brackets for E21..

https://www.blunttech.com/products/14153296

1385BTKT_E21_BUMPER_BRACKETS.jpg

I ordered a set of brackets for US to Euro bumper conversion from BluntTech, scheduled to arrive later today. I plan on mainly using the front brackets since Ive already converted the rear. The front Euro bumper on my E21 is using the OEM Euro brackets bent and modified to fit into the US fitting holes. I don't like this arrangement because it always seems like the bumper isn't straight (ie, angled downward).. perhaps I'm the only one that notices it but whatever.

These brackets look similar to, if not exactly like, the brackets that Bruce (BMAC) used to make. Has anyone else purchased these brackets from BluntTech? I will post photos of them later when they arrive and after I install them.

Stancing is for drivers trapped in an abusive relationship of their own lives.

My Cars
    '82 320i, '86 Jetta,
    Where are you getting Euro bumpers?

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic E21 View Post
    Where are you getting Euro bumpers?
    you can get them new from Wallothnesch or by getting lucky on ebay or forum.

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    So I received the brackets, and my first impression was that the brackets were very nicely fabricated... the welds and finish look clean and nice. Inspecting the package, I thought I might have either received an incomplete kit, or might require my old bumper shocks to adapt to this kit.... I was wrong. The only incomplete thing was the instructions which after a super quick 2 minute call to BluntTech got emailed to me almost immediately. Awesome service!
    IMG_20180510_163702-resize.jpg
    IMG_20180510_164050-resize.jpg
    IMG_20180510_164056-resize.jpg
    IMG_20180510_164106-resize.jpg
    The bumper brackets are actually fabricated by Silokin Automotive https://www.instagram.com/silokinautomotive/?hl=en

After going through the instructions and verifying the parts, the install for the front bumper took less than an hour. It is a 100% plug and play kit, no cutting or welding or body mods (aside from lower quarter panel holes for rear bumper screws).

IMG_20180510_192703-resize.jpg

I have not installed the rear bumper brackets.. still unsure if I will or not. I've given thought to using them together with the other rear brackets i have for added support since this new bracket would use the left over holes from the US bumper trim.

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Some shots of the mounts under the bumper in front of the valance. Perfect fitment.

IMG_20180510_193110-resize.jpgIMG_20180510_193121-resize.jpgIMG_20180510_193141-resize.jpg

My Cars
    83 320is, 07 RS4

$$$

I was going to respond that they look sweet, which they do.......then I went to link and saw they sell for $399 !!!

I think I will just make my Euro ones work....LOL

Thanks for the pictures trough, car looks sweet.

Bimmerod

My Cars
    E30m3s54. E30 3.1turbo
    thank you for the kind words. i took alot of time in making sure these were literaly bolt on kits for the e21 community. ALOT OF r&D and fitment time to make them perfect!! Thanks again for the kind words and for all of you that are interested in a set let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Manny G. View Post
    So I received the brackets, and my first impression was that the brackets were very nicely fabricated... the welds and finish look clean and nice. Inspecting the package, I thought I might have either received an incomplete kit, or might require my old bumper shocks to adapt to this kit.... I was wrong. The only incomplete thing was the instructions which after a super quick 2 minute call to BluntTech got emailed to me almost immediately. Awesome service!
    IMG_20180510_163702-resize.jpg
    IMG_20180510_164050-resize.jpg
    IMG_20180510_164056-resize.jpg
    IMG_20180510_164106-resize.jpg
    The bumper brackets are actually fabricated by Silokin Automotive https://www.instagram.com/silokinautomotive/?hl=en

After going through the instructions and verifying the parts, the install for the front bumper took less than an hour. It is a 100% plug and play kit, no cutting or welding or body mods (aside from lower quarter panel holes for rear bumper screws).

IMG_20180510_192703-resize.jpg

I have not installed the rear bumper brackets.. still unsure if I will or not. I've given thought to using them together with the other rear brackets i have for added support since this new bracket would use the left over holes from the US bumper trim.