Haas 11
    Sauber 10
    Williams 4

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    I still can't believe Vettel isn't leading the WDC

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Well, as long as Verstappen is around to punt him off the track...
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    Well, as long as Verstappen is around to punt him off the track...
    What excuse for the end of the last race?

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    So who is everyone's picks to win, 2nd and 3rd?

1st) Vettel
    2nd) Hamilton
    3rd) Red Bull
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    1st) Max Verstappen
    2nd) Pierre Gasly
    3rd) Fernando Alonso

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Dot E30 View Post
    What excuse for the end of the last race?
    You mean after the safety car that Verstappen caused?

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    I'm not convinced that was all Max's fault.

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    You mean closing the door at the very last minute on somebody that's making a move on you during braking and making their front wing lose probably 50%+ of its downforce doesn't make you responsible when they lock up then hit you? So if you're fine with 3+ defensive moves, how many is too many? 4? 5? 6? 29?

My Cars
    yay

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Def View Post
    You mean closing the door at the very last minute on somebody that's making a move on you during braking and making their front wing lose probably 50%+ of its downforce doesn't make you responsible when they lock up then hit you? So if you're fine with 3+ defensive moves, how many is too many? 4? 5? 6? 29?
    50/50 racing incident. Max is a known quantity, Ricciardo’s Aussie grit optimistic braking, blame them both.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    ∞FX37,M3a/4,94 332
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    4 races into the season and he has had contact with how many other drivers?

Since Max had no problem pushing his own teammate off the track earlier on in the race, most likely the stewards will put him in time out next punt.

[IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    This. And Brosjean for extending that safety car period.
    '14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
    '02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
    '15 M235i xDrive - Mineral Grey/Black

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Mclaren testing out a new nose. It's got three nostrils.

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    50/50 racing incident. Max is a known quantity, Ricciardo’s Aussie grit optimistic braking, blame them both.
    Make multiple moves, especially in the braking zone, and it's your fault when a collision occurs IMO. There's a clear rule on how many moves you can make, and Max made too many, especially with how late it was. RIC was making a late move, but he was totally in his right to do it.

RIC was going to pass Max up the inside, and Max knew it, so he was going to do whatever it took to make it not happen. He's done stupid moves before in similar situations, so while RIC put himself in a risky situation with a known hot head driver, it's still not his fault when Max breaks defending rules and causes a sequences of events that was always going to end in a crash.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    +1

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Make multiple moves, especially in the braking zone, and it's your fault when a collision occurs IMO. There's a clear rule on how many moves you can make, and Max made too many, especially with how late it was. RIC was making a late move, but he was totally in his right to do it.

RIC was going to pass Max up the inside, and Max knew it, so he was going to do whatever it took to make it not happen. He's done stupid moves before in similar situations, so while RIC put himself in a risky situation with a known hot head driver, it's still not his fault when Max breaks defending rules and causes a sequences of events that was always going to end in a crash.
    +1

Why would it be ok for any driver to continue to block passing manoeuvres all race long? His teammate got alongside many times, it was a question of when, not if Ricciardo was going to get past the slower teammate. Actually Ricciardo DID PASS HIM once already and just flew off into the horizon, leaving Max for dead. That's what their speed difference was like. When Ricciardo was ahead, Max had no hope of passing Ricciardo, he couldn't even keep up. Due to how the pit stops turned out, Ricciardo ended up behind Max AGAIN!! Why would it be ok for Verstappen to keep slamming into his teammate, blocking him wildly, etc. just to keep the faster car behind? How is that racing?

That's my question: how is it racing to block a clearly faster car's passing manoeuvres time and time again for 20 laps? Is it testament of the car's performance, driver skill? No. It's cheating. It's not racing. It's just one guy not wanting to accept defeat.

Sure, sometimes it's physically impossible to pass due to how the cars behave, how close they are in performance, and how the track is, and therefore they might spend a whole race without a chance to pass. But clearly that wasn't the situation in Baku.
    Last edited by MagneZium; 05-11-2018 at 05:32 PM.

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Kubica quicker in FP1 than Stroll or Sirotkin in FP1 and FP2.

Williams really dropped the ball IMO by choosing Sirotkin over Kubica.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    +1

Why would it be ok for any driver to continue to block passing manoeuvres all race long? His teammate got alongside many times, it was a question of when, not if Ricciardo was going to get past the slower teammate. Actually Ricciardo DID PASS HIM once already and just flew off into the horizon, leaving Max for dead. That's what their speed difference was like. When Ricciardo was ahead, Max had no hope of passing Ricciardo, he couldn't even keep up. Due to how the pit stops turned out, Ricciardo ended up behind Max AGAIN!! Why would it be ok for Verstappen to keep slamming into his teammate, blocking him wildly, etc. just to keep the faster car behind? How is that racing?

That's my question: how is it racing to block a clearly faster car's passing manoeuvres time and time again for 20 laps? Is it testament of the car's performance, driver skill? No. It's cheating. It's not racing. It's just one guy not wanting to accept defeat.

Sure, sometimes it's physically impossible to pass due to how the cars behave, how close they are in performance, and how the track is, and therefore they might spend a whole race without a chance to pass. But clearly that wasn't the situation in Baku.

No argument. Regardless, Max’s tendencies and tactics are established, nobody should know this better than his teammate, extreme caution was in order. Instead, Ricciardo tempted fate, owns his share of the collision.

-DNC

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    No argument. Regardless, Max’s tendencies and tactics are established, nobody should know this better than his teammate, extreme caution was in order. Instead, Ricciardo tempted fate, owns his share of the collision.
    So Ricciardo should stop racing because Max is known to not drive by the rules?

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    So Ricciardo should stop racing because Max is known to not drive by the rules?
    Racing incident, 50/50 responsibility.

-DNC

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Why did Ferrari pit Vettel under the VSC and not go with the softs? Why put the mediums back on??!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Well done MERC, deserved 1-2. LOL @ Ferrari, the thug should've been on podium. Max still running into other cars, they should issue points. Romain deserves another ban.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Grosjean is no Maldonado, but it’s getting harder to defend him even though it seems like KMag lifted a bit in the middle of turn 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    '89 535i/5, '88 735i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    Why did Ferrari pit Vettel under the VSC and not go with the softs? Why put the mediums back on??!
    Because, as Vettel said, they were chewing through the tires. Maybe they felt that they wouldn't last the distance with the yellow softs. Remember that Vettel was the first to pit in the first stint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast