Thread: M2 Purchasing Advice

My Cars
    1989 BMW 325i e30

M2 Purchasing Advice

Good Morning Everyone,

My 1998 BMW 323is (5 speed of course) just turned over 260k and although she has been very reliable, I have decided its time to purchase my first new car. I want to do everything correct and so I wanted to get some advice before I make my final decision. I am looking at a new M2, M2 Competition, or find a 1M.

Being my first new (newer) car I don't want it to depreciate like a rocket after driving it off the lot. I plan to keep the 323is as a fun daily driver until she finally throws in the towel. Right now the local dealership has a 2018 M2 white, manual with a few upgrades (port installed spoiler, front splitter, etc.)that they would offer at $56K (with my military discount through USAA -$2000). I also put in a $1000 allocation for the new M2 Competition and I am first on their list; they are expecting to get 1 allocation.

For those who own the M2 is there anything you would have done differently when purchasing/building the car?

As for the M2 Competition, it makes sense on paper to just wait and get it since its basically the upgraded version of the M2. Will the M2C being a limited production or replace the M2 and when are we expecting it to be released? The local dealership claims they know nothing.

All advice and thoughts are welcome!

My Cars
    2018 M3 6MT, 2001 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob red e30 View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    As for the M2 Competition, it makes sense on paper to just wait and get it since its basically the upgraded version of the M2. Will the M2C being a limited production or replace the M2 and when are we expecting it to be released? The local dealership claims they know nothing.
    I just started eyeing up the M2C. What I read on some other forums was that the M2C would be replacing the current M2, not just a parallel upgrade option. So I would hope that means availability will be reasonable, and not like a super limited run where they are impossible to get.

My Cars
    E60 535, E36 M3, M rdstr
    The M2 Competition is replacing the current M2. Total availability will be similar to what the current M2 is.

I had put deposits at a couple dealers for an M2. When I first heard the rumors of the S55 in the M2 I passed on my allocations as they came up and moved them to the M2C.

I have hit the lottery as two - that’s right - 2 - allocations have popped for me. I am doing European Delivery followed by Performance Center Delivery on mine.

Does anyone want to give me $1000 plus my $1000 deposit to jump the list and take the second one? If not I will cancel it and get my deposit returned. If interested then please message me.

I had actually thought of taking delivery of it in Europe too and followed with PCD and sell it. I know these will be rare for a while and am not trying to make a killing on it like some dealers will.

Thanks!