Thread: Limp mode

My Cars
    2007 bmw 335i

Limp mode

I have a 2007 bmw 335i with 140000 miles on it was driving casually when I accelerated to change lanes the limp mode light came on. When I turn the car on and off it goes away. This happened about 4 times took to a bmw shop who is reliable and honest he hooked it up and he said there were 2 issues noted low boost condition and something to do with high pressure fuel pump only does it intermintally what could be going bad he also said there was an excessive rattle in the blowoff valve

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    What are the codes that the shop pulled?

My Cars
    So he diagnosed the problem, yet here you are asking what's wrong. Did he give you an estimate of repairs? What did he recommend be replaced? What were the fault codes?
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2007 bmw 335i
    He didn’t tell me the codes just what they meant since the light wasn’t on when I got there there were stored codes so he said it could be a number of things I was just wondering if anybody else had these problems and what they had to fix can the waste gates be replaced without replacing the whole turbo he told me to bring it back when the actual service engine light comes on