Thread: 325 ix Compatability

My Cars
    2004 325xi

325 ix Compatability

In need of some info please. I have a 2004 325 ix with a bad motor, I can get a used motor with 110000 miles on it with intake serviced, ams oil and new spark plugs for $4900 installed. I have found a few different 3 series I may look at and use my car as parts. What I need to know is what years and models are interchangeable with my car? Thanks for any info. And if you dont mind a what would you do, change the motor or the car, Im finding 3 series for $2500 but am not sure if rims are interchangeable, front seats, angel eyes, rotors and calipers? I welcome any and all suggestions. Im in Palm Coast Fl

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Other members would need to confirm, but I would say pretty much everything other than the suspension should be interchangeable with another E46. $4900 for a motor sounds very high to me; you'll likely find a whole car in good shape for $5k.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2004 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Parts View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Other members would need to confirm, but I would say pretty much everything other than the suspension should be interchangeable with another E46. $4900 for a motor sounds very high to me; you'll likely find a whole car in good shape for $5k.
    Thank you for the info, I appreciate it very much. I'm going to look for another and use mine for parts.