Thread: Search function down - Racelogic Full Throttle Shift

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5

Search function down - Racelogic Full Throttle Shift

Its irritating that the search function is still down...

does anyone have the option for Full Throttle Shift on there RLTC?

If so what did you use for a switch?

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

My Cars
    97 M3, 98 328i, 13 Cruze
    Not using racelogic stuff but I'm currently using the clutch switch for full throttle upshift events. The switch activates a shift cut function that kills the engine for about 150 ms and also enables a rev limit that correlates to engine speed for the gear you're going into until the clutch releases.

It's really handy because if you're a little bit slow or fast on the shift the engine speed is held at the correct rpm for the next gear when you release the clutch. I found that just using a straight cut time meant I was either waiting for the power to come back in because the cut was too long, or I couldn't complete the shift in time. With an h pattern box I found myself faster on the 1-2 and 3-4 shifts than I could be on the 2-3 4-5. YMMV.

But yes, the clutch switch should work for you. I believe it's just a ground reference so check that the racelogic box is looking for that.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    I don't have the function enabled, but if I were doing it, I'd be using the clutch switch. In the case of RaceLogic, it is just a preset rev limit active while the switch is open (closed).

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin325i View Post
    Not using racelogic stuff but I'm currently using the clutch switch for full throttle upshift events. The switch activates a shift cut function that kills the engine for about 150 ms and also enables a rev limit that correlates to engine speed for the gear you're going into until the clutch releases.

It's really handy because if you're a little bit slow or fast on the shift the engine speed is held at the correct rpm for the next gear when you release the clutch. I found that just using a straight cut time meant I was either waiting for the power to come back in because the cut was too long, or I couldn't complete the shift in time. With an h pattern box I found myself faster on the 1-2 and 3-4 shifts than I could be on the 2-3 4-5. YMMV.

But yes, the clutch switch should work for you. I believe it's just a ground reference so check that the racelogic box is looking for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakermac View Post
    I don't have the function enabled, but if I were doing it, I'd be using the clutch switch. In the case of RaceLogic, it is just a preset rev limit active while the switch is open (closed).
    Thanks guys but I thought I read we couldnt use the stock clutch switch. Is anyone using it?

My Cars
    02 525it, 97 M3, 08 X5
    When I still had my m3 I was using this feature. I mounted an additional switch right by the factory clutch switch. I can’t recall the exact reason why the factory clutch switch wouldn’t work, but I know I didn’t add it just for fun. In the RLTC software on the rev limit tab you can tell it if your switch is normally open, or normally closed to ground.

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith1054 View Post
    When I still had my m3 I was using this feature. I mounted an additional switch right by the factory clutch switch. I can’t recall the exact reason why the factory clutch switch wouldn’t work, but I know I didn’t add it just for fun. In the RLTC software on the rev limit tab you can tell it if your switch is normally open, or normally closed to ground.
    ok good to know, Im reading about guys using some sort of motorcycle switch that is adjustable...

https://racelogic.support/02VBOX_Mot...Throttle_Shift
    Last edited by NY98M3; 05-10-2018 at 07:39 AM.