Thread: Diversity Antenna location for E60

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5

Diversity Antenna location for E60

Hi all,

My E60 has an issue with poor radio and key fob reception. I believe I need to replace the Diversity Antenna but I do not know know where it is. Is it below the shark fin or is it to the side of it? Or somewhere else?

Thanks.

My Cars
    2010 E61
    Are you talking about the amplifier or the actual antenna? The antenna is on the back window, the amplifier is under the C-pillar. On the RHD LCI it's here:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=65_1324

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5
    Truth be told I am not sure. I have been told to replace the diversity antenna as that is what causes the issue, but I am new to E60's. My car is a pre-lci 2006.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is part 1 that I need?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...24#65209193834

My Cars
    2010 E61
    Yes if that's your problem, it's next to the 3rd brake light on the right side. There are loads of threads about it. The first google hit for 'diversity antenna e60' is very helpful.

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5
    Thank you. I am pretty sure it is from what I have been pointed to on the web.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M5
    Hello all, I also am having problems with my key fob not responding and my comfort access not working consistently. Like all others my research has pointed to a faulty diversity antenna. However my confusion lies here... my FM reception is 100% ok and works all the time. Is it likely that my diversity antenna is bad considering FM reception is fine? Can it be the amplifier? (To be more specific, when walking up to the door with key in hand/pocket and grabbing the door handle it won’t unlock, same with attempting to lock using comfort access from outside. Same scenario with trunk opening, and sometimes even the buttons won’t register the command on the key fob. 2006 M5 55k miles. Any insights would be much appreciated.

My Cars
    2003/4 BMW 530i E60
    Hi, I have the same problem as you RookE. FM working fine, keys not working remotely. I sent a key off to get the battery replaced and even if I try the key re-pairing the locks do not work using the buttons on the key. So either the key is still not working (the repairer says it is working and tested) or maybe it's this diversity amplifier. Did you get your problem resolved?

My Cars
    2003/4 BMW 530i E60
    OK, for me, I have now tried holding the key up to the back window and it works. I'll try cleaning it sometime and replacing the unit if that fails.

My Cars
    e60 525DA
    Hi, There is a company who repair these weak diversity amplifier modules for BMW E60

https://www.e60diversitymodule.com/?lang=en