38k mile S52 w/ARP head studs, stock compression
    M50 manifold
    turner shorty headers
    bimmerworld track pipe
    SS cat back
    6in crank hub, 3.33 SC pulley, 8 rib belt around 10 PSI according to RMS
    RMS aftercooler

My question,
    I live in Oregon and 91octane is what I have to work with, DO I HAVE TO RUN METH???

I want to make 400whp, should be easy if I can keep it from detonating. I do not want to add meth unless truly needed. Please advise if you have knowledge on the subject!

thanks!

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    If you want 400 rwhp reliably from a centrifugal on 91, you should run water/meth.

My Cars
    96' 332i RMS stg2 SC'd
    thanks for the reply, have you ran water/meth before? If so did you inject into the manifold?

Has anyone done 400whp on 91 w/o meth or cams?

thanks,
    nic

My Cars
    96' 332i RMS stg2 SC'd
    OK I have mentally accepted running meth. ( I have twins on the way, told myself I'm done spending on the e36, mom wants an LX470 ).

Need advise on where to put the nozzles and the best way to run it. Looking at a snow performance stage 2 kit, but please suggest others, I want the most cost effective solution. id say max price of $550.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    6" crank pulley with 3.4" s/c pulley was 12psi for me.

What are you doing for a tune?

I never ran meth, but I did purchase a Snow Performance kit and planned to use it for temp cooling only (meaning not tune for it). Just follow their instructions and you'll be fine.

My Cars
    96' 332i RMS stg2 SC'd
    What supercharger unit are you running though? I have a Vortech v1 sci.

What octane do you run on the 12psi tune and are you a stock compression S52? Any issues you went through detonation wise?

I bought a RK tune and 60lb injectors, but have yet to install the tune as I am wrapping up some work on the car.

As far as the meth kit I am curious where to spray the water/meth.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    I ran an Si. The unit doesn't matter as most V1 are upgraded to helical cut gears by now anyway (meaning they are all the same step up V1, V2, V3) it is rare to see them with straight cut gears like the first units had. Trim is what matters. SCi is a chopped down impeller for high revving motors, not intended for 7k rpm redline S52. If an Si makes 12psi, an SCi makes 3-4psi less with the same pulleys.

I feel like we had this discussion before or maybe that was another member with an SCi as well.

An Si with 6"+3.4" is going to be 12psi. Yours will likely be at 10psi but you still really need to look into getting the correct trim charger.
    Last edited by Braymond141; 05-09-2018 at 04:40 AM.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I run Aquamist water/meth. Ran it while supercharged with Vortech S and T Trim on my 99M3 and run it with the turbo system I have on the car now. Aquamist is the best but people have had good results with cheaper systems. I never tuned for the meth. Just for added cooling and detonation resistance. I ran one or 2 nozzles after the RMS intercooler. How much you can run is an experiment. Start feeding in around 400-500 cc above 4 psi boost and try going up from there.

I now run one small 140cc nozzle in each manifold runner and also 1 larger nozzle before the TB in hot weather. I drive year round in NH where we have winter and summer.

My Cars
    96' 332i RMS stg2 SC'd
    Thanks guys for the advise, I appreciate it! I will measure my Vortech and see what it truly is. Sounds like injecting into all 6 runners is the best way, or did you do that because you had to after the turbo?

I like the simplicity of spraying it before the TB but I suppose the best performance will come from the runners. Could you send me a photo of your manifold and lines by chance!?
    Email is nictorkko13@gmail.com

I wonder why you wouldn’t tune for the meth?
    Seems like the best way to get all the available HP.

Thanks again!
    -nic

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Simplest is one nozzle before the TB. It is what I would recommend for a basic system.

Individual runner nozzles is much more expensive and more work. You need a manifold block, 6 nozzles and check valves for each since there is vacuum in the intake when out of boost that will suck the water out of the lines. Plus it’s a bit of spaghetti in terms of hosing and that adds risk. It would be better though if you did want to tune for the meth.

I did not tune to be conservative. Yes, you could get more power if tuned for the meth. But you better be 100% sure you have done a good job on your aftermarket secondary injection system.

My Cars
    96' 332i RMS stg2 SC'd
    Ahh, I see now. Again thank you for taking me to school

TB is where I will do it, I like simple and reliable. It sounds like I will not tune for it so that I stay safe, it is going to be driven often. I will drive the 2 miles to work, do some spirited driving daily and a few events here and there this summer.

Any advise on the best way to mount/ install the nozzle? drill into the TB or in the coupler between the RMS aftercoooler and TB, its pretty tight in there, so leaning towards drilling the TB if that isn't stupid??

Anyone have a photo of their E36 with meth injection to the TB area?

thanks,
    -nic

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I tapped the cold side of the RMS intercooler.