Thread: 5erWest 2018 - July 20-22, Portland, OR

My Cars
    2 E12,1 E21,4 E28s,1 E34

5erWest 2018 - July 20-22, Portland, OR

5erWest 2018 -- July 20-22
    **2018 REGISTRATION OPEN NOW **
    We are excited this year to have a new registration service, MotorsportReg.com. This will allow us to keep track of registrations without issues we've had in the past. You can also register multiple cars and pre-order shirts right there in your registration. This will help us better plan for both the event as a whole, food and have the sizes of shirts people want. You will of course be able to register on site as always, but we greatly encourage you to pre-register!

Northwest BMW Club invites you to attend the 9th annual 5erWest Weekend. Always on the 3rd Weekend of July. 5erWest is a celebration of the fine lineage of the BMW 5er.

It is not our intent to exclude any BMW enthusiast from attending 5erWest.

Although 5erWest spotlights the 5 series, it is also a gathering of ALL BMW enthusiasts. We welcome other BMW models to attend and would like to give special encouragement to owners of other vintage Bimmers (and Beemers, too) to show up in force! Special parking may be arranged if possible should demand arise.

The cost of the event this year is $10. You can pay in cash at the show, or via our new registration system on MotorsportReg.com! Pre-Registering helps us immensely planning for the event. Thank you.

EVENT DETAILS

Friday – 7pm – ??

• Northwest BMW Club invites you to a 5erWest Prefunk meet-n-eat. This will be a casual, friendly gathering at a local restaurant where we can get an early start on the weekend. Since some folks are busy on Saturday, we like to give everybody a chance to come hang out with fellow 5er enthusiasts.

10300 SE Washington St Portland, OR 97216
      website

Saturday – 11am – 5pm

• – Our 9th Annual 5erWest main event is our “show-n-shine” This year, we are at Meldrum Bar Park in Gladstone, OR! It's a special location and has great meaning and history to our event. Yeah.
      – Parking will begin at 10:00 for those that wish to come early. We will be grouping cars by chassis again, so your patience during this process is appreciated. Vendors are encouraged to arrive early.
      – There will be food on site! We brought it in the community this year and a local group of Bimmer enthusiasts known as the "Chump Squad" will be grilling burgers and hot dogs. Prices will be announced soon.
      – Prize raffle drawing will take place after lunch. Raffle tickets can be purchased for just $1ea and 5erWest attendees can choose to enter to win several of our prizes donated from our wonderful sponsors.
      – 5erWest Best of Chassis awards will be presented to the winners after our raffle drawing and after all vote submissions have been counted. One winner from each eligible chassis* will be presented with an official 5erWest 2018 plaque. As a continuing tradition, previous 5erWest winning cars will not be eligible in the interest of fairness among this community.
      *Chassis eligibility will be determined by registration, but we are planning to have awards available for the E12, E28, E34, E39 and E60 chassis.
      *New last year, but continuing this year, is the "Best Non-5er" award. We always have a strong showing from cars that aren't 5-series and its a way to recognize their participation in this great event!

BEST IN SHOW AWARD
      Once again this year, thanks to the generous offer of two of our most loyal supporters, there will be voting and a special award presented to the top, crowd favorite 5er. Chris Kohler won in 2014 with his E28 Alpina B7 Turbo. Darin Stephenson won in 2015 with a snazzy 1988 535is. Walt Suman won in 2016 with his stunning lachssilber 535is and in 2017, it was awarded to Chris Kohler and his E12 M535i.

Sunday Morning

• – The 5erDrive is an organized group drive featuring some of the many great scenic routes in the Pacific Northwest. The 5erDrive is an open event, so you’re welcome to attend even if you could not join us for the Saturday events. The previous couple of years, we have driven a few great two-lane roads in the SE Portland metro area, then around the back side of Mt. Hood into Hood River for a great lunch. I think we will do that again this year as it's had positive response. From there, you can take either I-84 back to Portland, or cross the bridge to Hwy 14 in WA, both with breathtaking views of the Gorge. Specific route details will be provided at the event.

Overnight Accomodations:

We have a group rate set up at the Clackamas Inn (a favorite for many years). There are double queen and king rooms available. Czech out the 5erWest site for the pertinent details.

Click here to visit the official 5erWest event site!

We hope to see you there! Make sure you subscribe to this thread for updates as we get closer!

FIND US ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & TWITTER
    Last edited by wkohler; 05-08-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    1975 (07/75) E12 530i 5-speed Golf/Schwarz leather
    1980 (07/80) E12 M535i 5-Speed Polaris/Marineblau cloth
    1985 (02/85) E28 Alpina B7 Turbo/1 #0083 Polaris/Alpina cloth
    1985 (02/85) E28 M5 Diamantschwarz/Schwarz leather
    1985 (3/85) E28 528i 5-Speed Zinnoberrot/Perlbeige cloth
    1987 (02/87) E28 M535i 5-Speed Lachssilber/Schwarz leather
    1995 (08/94) E34 525iT S50US/5-Speed Schwarz/Schwarz leather
    1980 (04/80) E21 320i 5-Speed Safaribeige/Sandbeige cloth

My Cars
    2 E12,1 E21,4 E28s,1 E34

5erWest 2018 - July 20-22, Portland, OR

5erWest 2018 -- July 20-22
    **2018 REGISTRATION OPEN NOW **
    We are excited this year to have a new registration service, MotorsportReg.com. This will allow us to keep track of registrations without issues we've had in the past. You can also register multiple cars and pre-order shirts right there in your registration. This will help us better plan for both the event as a whole, food and have the sizes of shirts people want. You will of course be able to register on site as always, but we greatly encourage you to pre-register!

Northwest BMW Club invites you to attend the 9th annual 5erWest Weekend. Always on the 3rd Weekend of July. 5erWest is a celebration of the fine lineage of the BMW 5er.

It is not our intent to exclude any BMW enthusiast from attending 5erWest.

Although 5erWest spotlights the 5 series, it is also a gathering of ALL BMW enthusiasts. We welcome other BMW models to attend and would like to give special encouragement to owners of other vintage Bimmers (and Beemers, too) to show up in force! Special parking may be arranged if possible should demand arise.

The cost of the event this year is $10. You can pay in cash at the show, or via our new registration system on MotorsportReg.com! Pre-Registering helps us immensely planning for the event. Thank you.

EVENT DETAILS

Friday – 7pm – ??

• Northwest BMW Club invites you to a 5erWest Prefunk meet-n-eat. This will be a casual, friendly gathering at a local restaurant where we can get an early start on the weekend. Since some folks are busy on Saturday, we like to give everybody a chance to come hang out with fellow 5er enthusiasts.

10300 SE Washington St Portland, OR 97216
      website

Saturday – 11am – 5pm

• – Our 9th Annual 5erWest main event is our “show-n-shine” This year, we are at Meldrum Bar Park in Gladstone, OR! It's a special location and has great meaning and history to our event. Yeah.
      – Parking will begin at 10:00 for those that wish to come early. We will be grouping cars by chassis again, so your patience during this process is appreciated. Vendors are encouraged to arrive early.
      – There will be food on site! We brought it in the community this year and a local group of Bimmer enthusiasts known as the "Chump Squad" will be grilling burgers and hot dogs. Prices will be announced soon.
      – Prize raffle drawing will take place after lunch. Raffle tickets can be purchased for just $1ea and 5erWest attendees can choose to enter to win several of our prizes donated from our wonderful sponsors.
      – 5erWest Best of Chassis awards will be presented to the winners after our raffle drawing and after all vote submissions have been counted. One winner from each eligible chassis* will be presented with an official 5erWest 2017 plaque. As a continuing tradition, previous 5erWest winning cars will not be eligible in the interest of fairness among this community.
      *Chassis eligibility will be determined by registration, but we are planning to have awards available for the E12, E28, E34, E39 and E60 chassis.
      *New last year, but continuing this year, is the "Best Non-5er" award. We always have a strong showing from cars that aren't 5-series and its a way to recognize their participation in this great event!

BEST IN SHOW AWARD
      Once again this year, thanks to the generous offer of two of our most loyal supporters, there will be voting and a special award presented to the top, crowd favorite 5er. Chris Kohler won in 2014 with his E28 Alpina B7 Turbo. Darin Stephenson won in 2015 with a snazzy 1988 535is. Walt Suman won in 2016 with his stunning lachssilber 535is and in 2017, it was awarded to Chris Kohler and his E12 M535i.

Sunday Morning

• – The 5erDrive is an organized group drive featuring some of the many great scenic routes in the Pacific Northwest. The 5erDrive is an open event, so you’re welcome to attend even if you could not join us for the Saturday events. The previous couple of years, we have driven a few great two-lane roads in the SE Portland metro area, then around the back side of Mt. Hood into Hood River for a great lunch. I think we will do that again this year as it's had positive response. From there, you can take either I-84 back to Portland, or cross the bridge to Hwy 14 in WA, both with breathtaking views of the Gorge. Specific route details will be provided at the event.

Overnight Accomodations:

We have a group rate set up at the Clackamas Inn (a favorite for many years). There are double queen and king rooms available. Czech out the 5erWest site for the pertinent details.

Click here to visit the official 5erWest event site!

We hope to see you there! Make sure you subscribe to this thread for updates as we get closer!

FIND US ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & TWITTER
    1975 (07/75) E12 530i 5-speed Golf/Schwarz leather
    1980 (07/80) E12 M535i 5-Speed Polaris/Marineblau cloth
    1985 (02/85) E28 Alpina B7 Turbo/1 #0083 Polaris/Alpina cloth
    1985 (02/85) E28 M5 Diamantschwarz/Schwarz leather
    1985 (3/85) E28 528i 5-Speed Zinnoberrot/Perlbeige cloth
    1987 (02/87) E28 M535i 5-Speed Lachssilber/Schwarz leather
    1995 (08/94) E34 525iT S50US/5-Speed Schwarz/Schwarz leather
    1980 (04/80) E21 320i 5-Speed Safaribeige/Sandbeige cloth