This is simply to see how much interest there is out there. I'm looking to use a S62 M5 crank in the M62 block. The thing that makes this difficult is the way the timing chains are on each engine. The S62 uses a double chain set up, while the M62 uses a single. The "nose" of the S62 crank has to be modified to run a single chain set up and allow the hub for the balancer to be bolted on. I'm in discussion with the owner of VAC Motorsports in building this set up. Problem is, for just a "one off" single build it isn't cost effective to do this just once. Yes, this will be an expensive project and yes there is other things that go with this build, like sleeving the block, custom rods, and pistons. I don't have a cost of just modifying the crank yet, but figure somewhere near $500-$750. The other alternative is to use a M62tuB48 crankshaft, which is in the ultra rare Alpina Z8, and the Euro Alpina E39 B10 V8s. I'm trying to find a more cost effective route than to pay the Alpina premium.

Please don't ask, "Why don't you just drop a S62 into it?", or an LS.... I'm looking to do something different. This is a project to build an engine.

So if there is interest out there among those who don't like to settle for stock, please chime in