Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Remote key will not re-initialize

My Cars
    E34, E39, F10

Remote key will not re-initialize

Hello.

I have a 99 bmw e39 touring with a diamond shaped key.

When i bought the car, the key was previously cut open and was taped back together.

I removed the tape and took out the circuit board to find out that the negative pin on the battery was broken off.

I decided to get a replacement battery from ebay (rechargeable vl2020 panasonic battery).
    Soldered it back on and tested it with a multimeter and trying multipe connections on the circuit board. the solder is not the problem. It reads 2.88v of the pins. which should be enough..

Now the problem is Re-initializing the key. ive done the procedure before on an earlier e39 i had with success but not with this car.

Ive read that it can be fuse related and both the hood and fuel lid lock could cause it to fail.

I checked the fuses, they are all fine, the hood/fuel lid locks are fine, i even tried disconnecting the connectors and replacing the fuses, and then re initialize - but did not work.

So, Manual locking/unlocking works, central lock button inside car works, hood/fuel lid works/ fuses are fine, and the red LED on the rear mirror is not indicating that any thing is wrong.

I have tried pointing and holding the key close to the c pillar too but does not work.

General module seems to function, as everything else works as it should.

so im thinking maybe the receiver or the antenna is going bad?

But one more thing that is not working, is the rear window.. Now the rear bootlid works, it opens and locks, but the rear window will not open, could this be causing the re initializing to not work properly?
    Last edited by Vega2k; 05-05-2018 at 02:19 PM.