Thread: WTB: black/black 745i

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX

WTB: black/black 745i

I thought this would gain more traction here as the 7 series FS section tends to be littered with E38s....looking to purchase a 745i with black paint, black (or red) leather, and euro bumpers. budget is flexible depending on condition but please no major projects and please no garage queens

My Cars
    00 MRoadster '83 745i,
    I might be persusded to sell mine. I am trying to make a deal on what would be my 14th currently owned car, and only have a 9 car garage. Something has to give.

I will cry if I sell this car. I will PM you. Painted in 2004 because of hail damage. Dupont Chroma Premier paint. I removed the windshield and ALL trim, lights, bumpers, etc for the paint job. I have since replaced one door (RR) and painted it myself with the same paint. I had to replace that door because the nimrod that federalized this car, put the in door brace right next to the outer shell, creating a pocket for debris and moisture. There are two big door dings on left side. Body shop that painted it is owned by a good friend of mine, and he offered to fix both for $600. I could have it done before you purchase. 5 speed (265 trans) done about 18 years ago, and looks totally factory. M5 clutch. Bruatally hard pedal, but it never slips. Not originally a WB interior, but I installed a complete WB hide interior 6 years ago, including door panels, park brake handle etc. Not one tear.

Just dashes dash done in 2012. I replaced every HVAC vac actuator when the dash was out. HVAC works fine. If I keep the car, I will replace the compressor with a Sanden, and put a bigger condenser on. Works, but like most e23's that have been converted to 134A, struggles in temps above 100F. Two bubbles in the dash. Have not contacted them yet. Supposedly (at the time) a lifetime warranty. Today, they offer a one year warranty. Engine build thread is on this site. Custom made pistons from Paul Burke, Paul Burke custom grind camshaft ground especially for his pistons. S38 block B35 head, slight over bore. Have never figured exact CC but about 3600. Builds boost immediately. LJ (gixxerboy) has ridden in this car with me and can attest to what a tight build it is. I adapted the larger turbo tubing to my original air cleaner set up just so it would look factory under the hood.

Currently waiting on Eric to send me a loaner ecu so I can send this one out, as I am pretty sure it has an issue. I still have the 013 running this car with a Tuomo chip and TCD manifold and turbo with Tial waste gate. Car is unbelievably well maintained. Has four current issues: 1. I regret that when I built this engine I tried to use the factory oil drain location for the turbo. I should have just punched a hole in the side of the pan and used the drain back line that came with the turbo set up. Now the tiny hose I hooked up is leaking. For the first time during my ownership, the car leaves oil drips. I plan to pull the engine and fix the drain issue. 2. The little gear in the speedo that drives the odometer has apparently broken. I have another one, but have not replaced it yet. Speedo works, but odometer is stuck. 3. Ecu is giving me intermittent running problems. I will get it fixed. 4. The brake accumulator needs replacing. I have one for it, but have not gotten to it. Have been unbelievably busy lately.

When I replaced the RR door, I installed new weatherstrip. Just in case BMW quits making w/strip for the e23, I bought WS for the other three doors.

I also have a 179 ecu with a Miller War Chip, Miller MAF sensor conversion and Miller injectors. The WAR chip which is programable. The car has run so well on the old 013 ecu that I have never installed it. Negotiable. I may use it on a Ferrari project.

Car shows 12,000 miles, but it is closer to 320k miles in reality (aren't you glad I am hones?). I reset the odo to 0 when I built the engine in 2012. You would never know it it has over 320k miles. All front suspension parts have been replaced (the idler arm bushing probably 8 times over the last 20+ years). This has been my daily driver for most of the last 20 plus years. We have been through a lot together. At least 150k of those miles have been since I had it painted in 2004. Because it is driven regularly, there are paint chips all over the front of the hood and nose. The ONLY rust in the car are small spots (about the size of a quarter) on the bottom back of each front fender. If I keep it, I will pull the fenders and fix it properly.

As you can see from the pics, I have added gauges in real burled walnut. Oil Temp, AFR, Fuel Pressure, and boost gauge. Pioneer radio and four speakers with no issues. Got tired of messing with the factory cruise (and apparently not as good as Eric and fixing it) so installed aftermarket cruise.

It does not have the Moda wheels on it now. That is an older pic. Has staggered wheels from an early 2000's 540i sport, 17 x 9 in front and 17 x 10 in back. Slight tire rub in back on VERY hard turns.

I also have COMPLETE Euro front head lights and grils (mostly new parts) that I have not installed yet. Just been too busy with other projects.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lynnbilodeau; 05-04-2018 at 11:32 PM.

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX
    Great car, but priced way too far out of my budget range

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX
    Bump. Still looking

My Cars
    1983/84/85 745i
    Black on tan work? If so, PM me.

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hit Man X View Post
    Black on tan work? If so, PM me.
    Sorry, must be black on black or black on red

My Cars
    1985 BMW 745i, & 635CSI
    Could you be a little more specific with a few things? What condition are you looking for; you said no projects but what is acceptable? Color choice is clear. What budget range are you looking to be in? Give us something to work with.

My Cars
    '84 733i, 01 X5 00 750iL
    It's so rare for one of these cars to turn up in decent condition in any color combo
    Steve H.

My Cars
    1983/84/85 745i

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by youngbimmer View Post
    Sorry, must be black on black or black on red

It is buffalo if that helps.
    I make E23 parts.
    09/1983 745i (stolen spring '13 around Houston, TX Achatgruen on nutria buffalo. 8481080)
    10/1984 745i
    11/1984 745i
    11/1984 735i (10:1-265/6)
    Ford, MB, and GM round out the pack.

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX
    I’m looking to spend ~$5000 for a rust free running example. It doesn’t have to be perfect but I don’t want rusty or nonrunning examples either. The budget can be adjusted up for nicer cars but I’m not spending $12000 for a 745 with 373K miles With no history of being rebuilt. Nice e24s and e32s can be had for 5-7K, I’m going to assume e23s are the same way.

My Cars
    1983/84/85 745i

Thumbs up

Mine has a 22/24 hybrid trans I build. My wastegate and chip, maybe Cartech. Full rear suspension rebuild, all new brakes, working gauges. HG has been swapped by PO, no paperwork but head is shiny inside and I helped PO R&R the head. Flushed cooling system, retanked three core radiator, S38 fan with Sachs clutch. DS was rebuilt a while back with non staked joints. Late pulleys on the engine. I have a heater core to pop in when I get to it and multiple vacuum pods to R&R. Probably just toss in R152A for the A/C and at minimum reoring it and probably new front seal on compressor.

Paint is shot, that is its downfall.
    I make E23 parts.
    09/1983 745i (stolen spring '13 around Houston, TX Achatgruen on nutria buffalo. 8481080)
    10/1984 745i
    11/1984 745i
    11/1984 735i (10:1-265/6)
    Ford, MB, and GM round out the pack.