Thread: Opinions on selling

My Cars
    1993 850ci 6spd

Opinions on selling

I’m thinking about moving on from my 93 850ci 6spd. Need a new project to keep me busy.

I want to get a feel for what the car is worth. Any opinions are appreciated.

Car is a 93 850ci 6spd in calypso red. Car has EDC and I believe it works. I can feel a difference between sport and comfort. Runs good, smooth acceleration, smooth shifting. AC is cold and heater is hot. All interior lights work, no burned pixels on any displays, all windows and sunroof work as intended, Radio and CD changer work fine. Rolls straight and true, no pulls or vibrations. No fuel smells. Body is pretty good. A few dings but small and few. No rust that I’ve found. Car was originally from FL and moved to TX and now in CA.

Why I’ll sell: I like projects and this one was more than I bargained for but I learned lots from it and it is truly a great car. My goal with was to have a good running car and clean driver. One where everything it came with works as intended. In my opinion it’s just about there except for the paint job. It needs one but am holding off because I like just driving it andnot worrying about where I park it or a chip here and there. I drive it about 4 times a week and is pretty reliable.

That being said I purchased in June of 2017 and drove it home about 65 miles. I think virtually every idiot light the car has was on by the time I got there. It was an “Oh-Sh!t” moment for sure.
    Things I fixed, replaced or rebuilt

Engine: DK motors rebuilt, injectors rebuilt, most engine compartment fuel hoses, plugs, air filters, cabin filters, oil filters etc. Replaced 02 sensors with bosch units, new PVC’s and vent hoses.

Interior: Replaced window regulators 2 fronts, removed and repaired both seat motors, re-dyed the leather, new shift boot and lighted knob, no dead pixels on any displays, removed virtually every interior panel, refurbed, and replaced with correct BMW attaching hardware, new A-Pillar covers, new C-Pillar covers, recovered package tray, new rear speaker grills, replaced capacitors in the general control module which fixed the electrical gremlins. Installed a center arm rest inplace of the cell phone. Fixed HVAC actuators so AC and heat come out when they should.

Body: RR front turn\fog assemblies, RR both rear taillights, RR both headlights & popup assemblies/adjusters.

Suspension: Drilled and Slotted rotors all around from ECS tuning, EBC redstuff pads all around, refurbished MPars with correct hub from an e38. Sumitomo 255/35/18 & 285/30/18.

What’s still needed: Re-index steering wheel or alignment, wheelis not centered but drives straight and true through 80+mph. Tape player doesn’t work. Radio and CD changer do but won’t accept a tape. SRS light needs to be reset. Odometer reads mileage but reverts back whenever it’s turned off.I keep track of mileage via the trip odometer. All minor things but haven’t gotten around to fixing yet.
    There’s lots more that’s been refurbed or looked at but youget the idea that it’s been gone through.

Thanks for your opinions
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1992 850i, 2015 M5
    How many miles?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    Guess you already know a '93 6spd is pretty rare. The 1st and only '93 manual I ever saw was identical to yours but the owner sold it about 5yrs ago.

What's the mileage?
    1993 850Ci.....18 years & 165,000 miles and counting!

My Cars
    1993 850ci 6spd
    Sorry, forgot to put the mileage. Previous owner told me it was 123k. Odometer shows 32757. I drive it and it counts miles just fine but when I turn it back on it goes back to 32757. Even though I just drove 30 miles and it counted properly. I use the trip odometer to keep track. I would say 124k now. Carfax coincides with what the owner told me, 123k.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerss View Post
    Sorry, forgot to put the mileage. Previous owner told me it was 123k. Odometer shows 32757. I drive it and it counts miles just fine but when I turn it back on it goes back to 32757. Even though I just drove 30 miles and it counted properly. I use the trip odometer to keep track. I would say 124k now. Carfax coincides with what the owner told me, 123k.
    I would say with that paint condition and miles 20k is what I would ask for.
    BTW how do you like your SL65? I am slowly gearing up for one, just can't decide berry red interior or mars red exterior

My Cars
    1993 850ci 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    I would say with that paint condition and miles 20k is what I would ask for.
    BTW how do you like your SL65? I am slowly gearing up for one, just can't decide berry red interior or mars red exterior
    Thanks for the opinion on the 850.

As for the SL65 I sold it about a month ago. Owned it since 2009. Great car and an absolute monster with gobs of torque. If you can get traction it’s a beast. Sounds fantastic if you just put straight pipes in place of the mufflers. The ABC hydraulic suspension is something to watch out for. It runs at high pressure and after several years the hoses will start to leak. Expensive to fix and a super pain to change. I would make sure all the service records are in order.