BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: Columbus, OH: 2003 525it for sale.

My Cars
    03 525it

Columbus, OH: 2003 525it for sale.

Up for sale is my 2003 525it, if I remember correctly I am the 3rd or 4th owner. I have owned it since feb 2012. I am selling this because I rarely drive it anymore. Currently it has a little over 147000 miles, it leaks no oil, trans fluid, coolant, etc. I would not hesitate to drive this across the country and back. Drives and shifts super smooth. I am asking $5000 OBO. The vehicle is lowered with bc racing coilovers in the front, and has factory self leveling in the rear, I was able to just reprogram the rear ride height sensors to "think" it is riding higher than it actually is in order to get the rear lower. I do still have the stock front suspension, so if you would want to, you can reinstall it. It comes with the style 95's pictured, along with an extra set of tires for them(currently installed are kuhmo escta sport le, the spares are michelin pilot super sports). Also comes with the stock wheels with snow tires on them. (Stock wheels are style 81, with full size spare of the same wheel). I have an older model of a dynavin installed,(I do still have the stock radio/mid that will come with it, cd player) also there is a bazooka tube with an alpine type r(12") in the back driven by a sony xplod amp that also comes with the vehicle. I put the M tech bumpers on front and rear, both are from umnizta.

Since i have owned it I have replaced the following(I may not remember everything.)
    Thermostat
    Radiator
    Upper and lower Rad hoses
    Fan clutch
    Water pump(in the last 2 years)
    Spark plugs
    Both throttle boots
    Changed the oil with OEM BMW oil and filter every 3-5k
    Valve cover gasket
    Oil filter housing gasket
    Vanos oil feed line
    Oil pan gasket
    It has a reman torque converter and a new transmission oil pump(direct from zf), the bushing the torque converter rides in seized to the converter and ripped the front trans seal, it honestly shifts better than it did before this repair
    trans fluid and filter(twice actually)
    The Instrument cluster was replaced 7/14 with a new OEM cluster(partial BMW goodwill) so all of the pixels are working.
    All of the ride height sensors have been replaced
    Right front wheel bearing
    Left rear wheel bearing
    Crank case vent with all new hoses
    The battery is from 1/17, oem bmw agm.
    Installed all weather BMW mats
    5% window tint all the way around
    Front brake pads replaced recently with Akebono low dust pads
    Rear brakes replaced 2ish years ago, not sure the pad life remaining, ill have to check that.
    Left rear wheel speed sensor
    DSC module replaced with a reman unit from FCP Euro
    Expansion tank
    The Style 95s had the centers bored out to fit the bigger hub center of the e39, so hub adapters were needed, also had them powder coated.
    Belts
    Upgraded to the hydraulic style belt tensioner

The only thing I can think of that does not work is the sunroof tilt function, it still goes forward/backward just fine. I never use the sunroof so it didnt really bother me.

Thats all I can think of for now, if I think of more I will add it. All of these repairs were performed by myself, I am a factory trained BMW tech, and have worked at the dealer for almost 7 years, everything was done correctly, with mostly OEM parts.
    As you can see in the pictures there is a spot on the rear of the drivers rocker that the paint has come off of, it has not spread from that area in about 2 years so I do not think it will get any worse, when I bought the vehicle there was a dent there, I had the body shop at the dealer I worked at fix the dent and respray it, I'm guessing a rock hit that area or something and it started to come off. I have not gotten a quote to have it repainted, but this is a 15 year old vehicle so it will not be perfect, there is also a pretty good dent in the drivers rear door(pictured) I was at lunch one day and it almost looks like some uncaring individual stabbed my door. Also it has the normal rust on the tailgate. Feel free to ask any questions, I am trying to be as honest as possible with my post.

Thanks!

IMG_20180428_182658.jpgIMG_20180425_175242.jpgIMG_20180428_182754.jpgIMG_20180428_182730.jpgIMG_20180428_182709.jpg
    Last edited by Saucy069; 04-29-2018 at 03:38 PM.

My Cars
    03 525it

My Cars
    03 525it

My Cars
    03 525it

My Cars
    03 525it
    SOLD!! Thanks to everyone who looked. Whoever it is that can do this please delete this thread.