Thread: Two questions re 2016 xdrive 335d M Sport

My Cars
    745i(sold)730d Sport

Two questions re 2016 xdrive 335d M Sport

Hi folks,

just a quick question or two, I'm on my lunch break at work so not able to look up much info easily

My father wants to buy the above.

1st question: Is it correct that xdrive suspension (even on an M Sport but NOT adaptive) is not as firm as non xdrive M Sport's would be? This is what our local dealer told my father and we would need to travel for the above car. My father doesn't want it to be firm. I think car is on standard 18's so not too low profile.

2nd question: This car has no heated front seats. Through an enquiry I just made I am told no retrofit kit available. Does this sound right? (so not hugely easy to retrofit?)

Many thanks for advice on this

Scott
    Last edited by silver50; 04-26-2018 at 07:07 AM.

My Cars
    335d, 328xd (had 330xi)
    Quote Originally Posted by silver50 View Post
    My father wants to buy the above.

1st question: Is it correct that xdrive suspension (even on an M Sport but NOT adaptive) is not as firm as non xdrive M Sport's would be? This is what our local dealer told my father and we would need to travel for the above car. My father doesn't want it to be firm. I think car is on standard 18's so not too low profile.

2nd question: This car has no heated front seats. Through an enquiry I just made I am told no retrofit kit available. Does this sound right? (so not hugely easy to retrofit?)
    All xDrive cars have the "xDrive" suspension. Adding Adaptive only adds the shocks, and doesn't change the ride height. The xDrive suspension is a bit taller (a cm or two), but is a bit stiffer than the standard/non-sport suspension to keep the roll under control.

You have to replace the seats to get heated seats (and add the switches, and re-program to get them to work).

My Cars
    745i(sold)730d Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by floydr View Post
    All xDrive cars have the "xDrive" suspension. Adding Adaptive only adds the shocks, and doesn't change the ride height. The xDrive suspension is a bit taller (a cm or two), but is a bit stiffer than the standard/non-sport suspension to keep the roll under control.

You have to replace the seats to get heated seats (and add the switches, and re-program to get them to work).
    Thanks. Even BMW (UK)'s website/online brochure wasn't at all clear on the suspension set up of the xDrive.

I kept stumbling online across people saying the F_ Series sports seats had the heat pads but not everyone admittedly. Think I did read of people in the past saying this about some of the sports seats. E60 5's seems to ring a bell.

Scott