Hi all!

I have a whining/rattling sound that seems to be coming from the engine bay, it starts off as a rattle at around 1200rpm after that the rattle turns into a pretty loud whining sound that matches the rpms. The engine is really quiet when idling, apart from what sounds like a squeaky idler pulley when the engine is cold and disappears when it warms up. The whining sound is heard when in park and revving the engine (I only ever rev the engine when it’s warm so i do not know if it whines when it’s cold) I’ve never noticed it while driving as it’s been winter so the windows are always up. I just noticed it today when I pulled into the garage and opened the door and gave her a rev wanting to hear that fantastic v12... got pretty shocked when I heard the whine!!!

The car drives absolutely fine, great power and throttle response, the gearbox shifts soooo smooth I can’t even feel when it changes up or down a gear! Except now I’m going to be awake all night worrying. Lol.

Here is a YouTube clip, it sounds pretty much the same as mine except I don’t hear the rattling in this video clip. Anyhow have a listen, read what I’ve wrote and please give a little advice https://youtu.be/ADbbdGJ9W_I

Thanks