Thread: Auto transport service???

My Cars
    83 320i 00 540i6 85 535i

Auto transport service???

Good evening E21ers-
    Anyone out there ever used a service to deliver a car from a long distance? I am wanting to have a car delivered to me (outside Savannah) from around Philadelphia. Any recommendations or suggestions?
    Thanks in advance-
    Eric.

My Cars
    1983 320i
    I just used Ship a Car Direct to send my yukon from Los Angeles to Birmingham, AL. No issues

My Cars
    83 320i 00 540i6 85 535i
    Bwesty- great lead! Every other site I have looked at indicates that I have to provide a ton of contact information to get a quote- always leads to a ton of spam...

My Cars
    1977 BMW 320i
    I have used Dependable Auto Shippers twice (last time was in 2011), they had the best price and were generally OK except that grille on one car got bent. If I had to ship a car that was actually in nice shape I might look elsewhere, but for a project car I would use them again.

My Cars
    81 320i, 98 318ti
    I have used Intercity Lines to ship my VW cross country. Not cheap but service was excellent and they are not a broker, so you actually know where your car is and who is shipping it. Scheduling was easy too and they were on time. Highly recommended.

I have used Dependable Auto Shippers about 10 years ago, nothing really bad, but few things got damaged (fog light got broken) and the car arrived filthy.

Max

My Cars
    83 320i 00 540i6 85 535i
    I went with a recommendation from someone on The Vintage Facebook page. I anticipated it taking a while to coordinate as I was clear that I was in no hurry and that this is a project. The car was picked up yesterday (within 3 days) and will arrive by Wednesday. I have the driver's phone number and the cost was 30% less than my best previous quote. I did have an "in" as the broker was very familiar with the referee, but being the optimistic type, I am anticipating a great experience and someone that I'd recommend to the group.
    Regardless it was a learning experience into "what to expect".

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe)
    For me, the auto transport service must take care of my baby while transporting it. I know that this thread is a little old but nowadays is very hard to find a trusted auto transport service. I had a lot of headaches with idiots from some companies. Anyway, luckily, I found the guys from https://guardianautotransport.com/. They delivered the car in time with no questions. I liked the fact that they transported my car very safely. It arrived with no scratches. So, if you need a transporting service I recommend these guys.
    Last edited by Elsiel; 04-05-2021 at 09:15 AM.

My Cars
    2016 BMW X6
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsiel View Post
    For me, the auto transport service must take care of my baby while transporting it. I know that this thread is a little old but nowadays is very hard to find a trusted auto transport service. I had a lot of headaches with idiots from some companies. Anyway, luckily, I found the guys from https://guardianautotransport.com/. They delivered the car in time with no questions. I liked the fact that they transported my car very safely. It arrived with no scratches. So, if you need a transporting service I recommend these guys.
    I agree with your point of view dude!

My Cars
    95 Spec 3, 83 320i, 128i
    Very nice! Details on what you picked up? Are we going to see it at Vintage?!?!