Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sunkenpods

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    what is this show car you speak of. Pics please.

My Cars
    Yes
    The car is not mine so I cannot share pictures of it but it should be in magazines and you'll see it soon

My Cars
    Yes
    Cng, I know you said that the visor should be 3/4" in my previous gauge pod thread. On this pod design it will be 3/4" in the center and 1/2" on the outer sides

My Cars
    Yes
    The a$$ shot:

upload

- - - Updated - - -

My other current items.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    I still haven't decided whether this thread is an elaborate put-on or I am just missing something fundamental. I am leaning toward elaborate put-on.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 1.9 5 speed
    I still can't understand why this isn't being designed on a computer and 3d printed?

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    I just can't wait to see how the roadster dashboard looks in a fox body mustang.

Everybody doesn't have a 3D printer, but you can start with a foam block that is easily shaped and cut. When you have it just right, you fiberglass over it. Then you can easily dig out the foam to make room for the gauges.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 1.9 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by pine1000 View Post

Everybody doesn't have a 3D printer,
    I understand that, and I have neither a 3D printer or the skills to design the part, but there are plenty of people who do, and could probably do so in a few hours.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    If you vector mr. sunkenpods off in that direction, he's going to come back in the year 2029 with a 3D printed version and we may not even own our coupes anymore.

I personally can't wait for the 2009 vs. 2019 'before and after' side by side comparison pictures.

My Cars
    Yes
    What's funny is that you guys keep talking about a 3D printed gauge pod yes you guys can do this sure but you have to realize that you're going to be cutting your dash hopefully in the correct dimensions and then designing pod and that time span you be driving around with a hole in your dashboard. Until you design and fabricate pod itself.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way the fox body and my pictures is going to be an 11 second car

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunkenpods. View Post
    What's funny is that you guys keep talking about a 3D printed gauge pod yes you guys can do this sure but you have to realize that you're going to be cutting your dash hopefully in the correct dimensions and then designing pod and that time span you be driving around with a hole in your dashboard. Until you design and fabricate pod itself.
    Sorry man, but you keep posting photos of the same sad mess; I can only assume that you're new to fabricating composite parts and are trying to learn as you go along.
    Although a 3D print job would be ideal, rather than try to lay fiberglass free-form, you might consider carving a dash pod buck / plug out of balsa wood or Styrofoam first.
    I'm a big fan of West System products; take a look at their projects pages for ideas and guidance: https://www.westsystem.com/

By the way the fox body and my pictures is going to be an 11 second car
    So what's in the 302 on the engine stand?

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    It's been pretty common knowledge that I've been sitting on one of Rock-n-Road's pods__pictured above__since before I moved from Ohio, so probably over eight (>8) years. There's probably only one guy in a thousand that will entertain the idea of cutting a hole on their dash top, and maybe only 1 in 3000 that will actually follow through with it (I was PAID to cut Zoran's dash, and have alluded to that being the possible cause of my recent health issues).

Point of no return...

Even if you pull off a brilliantly executed product, (I think) you're aiming for a very narrow, or nonexistent market. Now if you're making this for yourself because you want it, no more justification is needed, and even I'll admit that I'm impressed by your dedication to see this through.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 3.0/5 roadster
    SidePod...no muss...no fuss...no cutting...no splicing...no health issues.

IMG_0168.jpg

My Cars
    Yes
    I am making this for a customer with a show car z3. Figured to share the progress here.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    I am making this for a customer with a show car z3. Figured to share the progress here.
    Yes, you did say that, my bad for not remembering it.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    I'm not sure we've ever seen any of your other work. Post some stuff up so we can wrap our heads around what this might end up looking like when finished, based on your past work!

My Cars
    Yes
    11 second whip, 302 bored, stroked, 3 angle valve job, custom cams, titanium crank, speedpro pistons, pulleys and a wet shot among other goodies.

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    11 second whip, 302 bored, stroked, 3 angle valve job, custom cams, titanium crank, speedpro pistons, pulleys and a wet shot among other goodies.
    I always wanted to get a surplus highway patrol fox body (we called the bustangs in my younger days). There's such a huge aftermarket for those cars especially compared to the Z3.

My Cars
    98 Z3, 01 330i, 07 328iT
    Surely you guys can tell that he’s trolling, right? Titanium crank for the mustang?

My Cars
    Yes
    Forged, light weight. Whatever. Banana bahnanna

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    tomayto, tomahto. Bunch of haters.

Serious question: what is worth more, a titanium crank or an entire fox body mustang?

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    tomayto, tomahto. Bunch of haters.

Serious question: what is worth more, a titanium crank or an entire fox body mustang?
    An aftermarket crank for a small block Ford of the Windsor flavor (302, 351W, etc.) runs between $2-3.5k depending upon the stroke and material (forged steel or billet steel).
    Not surprisingly, titanium crankshafts for this application are unobtainium.

That said, if you're going drag racing, my experience has been to seek the cheapest, lightest chassis available; a low buck Fox body Mustang fits the bill.
    Back in the day, I had a habit of bolting V-8 drivetrains into sh*tbox Ford Pintos with great success.
    Last edited by CB750; 10-24-2019 at 11:04 PM.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    BUMP. Lets keep the real threads on page 1.

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2019 F31
    Knock your teeth down yo' throat
    60 G's in my Raiders coat
    All trap money split the sea in my speed boat
    I live in the Bay that's a place that neva need dro
    I can guarantee the best tree you eva seen befo'

Mobb in Peace Jacka, Bay boy 'til I die yadidimean?! We slappin' yo' sh!t 24-7 mayn.

Last edited by CaliAgents; 11-05-2019 at 02:48 PM.

-2023 Honda Odyssey Elite
    -2019 F31 Individual (M-Sport, Prem, Exec, Track)
    -2004 Honda CRV
    -2002 S54 M Coupé

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    SHIEEEEETTT, where have I been for the last 4 years. The Jacka died in 2015?

Update please Sunkenpods.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast