Thread: Getting my car almost stolen got me to sign in...

My Cars
    '79 320/6

Cool Getting my car almost stolen got me to sign in...

Okay,
    I have not posted on here in almost a year but wanted to update folks on the going's on here. My workshop addition is still in progress. Got the foundation in and walls framed but no roof or attic space. The 2.7 M20 engine is just about ready for assembly after the 885 head gets a new cam and lifters. In the mean time, my beloved "Sienna" almost got stolen by some drunk bimbo who was trying to "get home" after a Saturday night drinking binge. being separated by her friend she wandered around the neighborhood trying to find her way back to her AirBnB. So, she finds my '79 E21 320/6 and proceeds to try and figure out how to start her up. This is all at 4am on Sunday morning with me hearing right out my sleep my E21's door being closed!!

I get dressed, run outside to find this knucklehead trying to start up my car, after finding my spare key in the ashtray. Note to self: keep all keys out of the car. Now mind you, this car is a totally manual car, missing a choke (what's that???) and has a 4 bbl carb that's not working too well right now. She had about no chance in Hell to start the car. Cops managed to catch her and get her to her AirBnB room. Totally blitzed out of her mind.

Later my wife said I should have left her in the car as once she got in , how the heck could she get out?? would have been fun leaving her in the car not knowing the door handle thing and wait for the cops to show up but oh, well. That was not to be.

Be safe my fellow Legionnaires. Some night your ride may be nicked by some drunk bimbo trying to get home.
    I still drive daily with no commute...
    The Hazard is All, Praise the Hazard!

My Cars
    1978 320i
    too funny! your wife had the right idea.

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool

Good there was no get away, the moral of the story don't have a spare key in your car.

Randy

My Cars
    83 320 82 320
    Well at least she didn't throw up in the e21.

My Cars
    1983 320is S52/2003 VR6T
    I love watching friends search for the door handle to get out

My Cars
    1977 BMW 320i
    The map pocket on the passenger side of my car is broken because someone thought it was the door handle and pulled up on it.

My Cars
    1982 BMW 320i
    I was wondering what was happening in upstate NY My PS door lock got bunged by a reprobate trying to break in. I suppose drunken bimbos are less harmful........ Good luck with the engine build!

My Cars
    E21 323i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by pofo View Post
    I love watching friends search for the door handle to get out
    The record for someone finding the door handle in my car is about 8 seconds. I see why BMW made it obvious on the e30.

My Cars
    '78 320is 83 320i R.I.P.
    This reminded me of a great place I found to hide my extra key, should I ever lock my keys in my car. Put it in a tiny ziploc baggie and put it inside the turn signal lens. If yours are orange no one will ever see it there and all you need to access it is a phillips-head screw driver.

Oh SNAP!!! German Engineering is IN DA HAUS YAH!!!