Thread: Pathway To Glory...

My Cars
    '00 Z3 roadster 2.3

Pathway To Glory...

2000 BMW Z3, 2.3 (2.5L)

Yep, need to replace intake boot. The 3rd plastic thing in 3 weeks I need to replace. Glorious, indeed.

Any things I need to watch out for? Looks pretty simple; disconnect the small tube on top, undo the clamps, take old boot out, put new one in, tighten the clamps, connect the small tube, and done, right?

Got it temp-fixed with RTV and duct tape on the crack ‘til replacement boot arrives. Sucking air... big time, LOL!!

Gotta get rid of this thing. Never use it, and when I do some cheap-German-plastic thing goes...

My Cars
    2001 3.0 Z-3 RD'STER
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamrider01 View Post
    2000 BMW Z3, 2.3 (2.5L)

Yep, need to replace intake boot. The 3rd plastic thing in 3 weeks I need to replace. Glorious, indeed.

Any things I need to watch out for? Looks pretty simple; disconnect the small tube on top, undo the clamps, take old boot out, put new one in, tighten the clamps, connect the small tube, and done, right?

Got it temp-fixed with RTV and duct tape on the crack ‘til replacement boot arrives. Sucking air... big time, LOL!!

Gotta get rid of this thing. Never use it, and when I do some cheap-German-plastic thing goes...
    Always something isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    z3
    Unclip the clips on the airbox, disconnect the MAF harness, unscrew the hose clamp for the elbow, remove the intake with MAF as one assembly, then you should have clear access to the other 2 connections on the elbow. Main TB connection is a hose clamp and the other hose is just pressure fit in place with a barbed plug.

Please do not be afraid to use the "search" feature on the forum in the future, common issues like these have been covered a few times

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    If yours has that "F-looking" hose fitting on the top of the boot, handle it gently. I now have a spare one around here (somewhere...) for the next time that happens

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamrider01 View Post
    Get rid of it. Using it once in 18 years is a shame. Sell to someone who has an idea what's the purpose of this thing on 4 wheels...