Thread: Hey guys!

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA

Hey guys!

Hey! Nothing broken, just wanted to say hi, I think of you guys often but have been extra busy. Car's running fine, I rebuilt the whole suspension, I got into a pretty bad ice stones storm and will need to redo the whole car someday (luckily no broken glasses)

Just wanted to say hello to the very helpful and friendly crowd here.
    Diehard E39 driver.
    I'd rather die or take a walk before driving an E60 or any BMW made after Y2K.
    ​"Your momma's so ugly she makes Bangle cars look nice"

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i
    Hello. It's always nice to see someone just stop in and say hey sometimes.
    Always nice to hear of another bmw doing well too, and the owner of course.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    Same here, my 540it is running pretty well at 207k miles and has no major issues so I haven't been posting a ton. I've just been working on other people's BMWs, along with buying two other projects (a 97 M3 and a 92 525it) to keep myself busy.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
    Same here, my 540it is running pretty well at 207k miles and has no major issues so I haven't been posting a ton. I've just been working on other people's BMWs, along with buying two other projects (a 97 M3 and a 92 525it) to keep myself busy.
    I have an e39 and an e30, my e30 has turned into more work than I initially thought but still worth it to me in the end.
    I love a wagon, before got the e30, I wanted a touring and still do. A V8 would be very nice too.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Hi Juan, sorry to hear about the ice storm, got a lot of little dents that need fixing.
    I haven't been hanging around here as much lately, been too busy building my '33 Hotrod.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    What Jim said ^^ ! Except I'm not building a hotrod, just a bunch of other stuff... lotta regs been distracted! Hope all is good down your way.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

My Cars
    5series M62B44
    Hey mate, sucks about the hail

I've been pretty ridiculously busy lately as well.

*deleted secrets of upcoming build*

Cheers
    Mat
    Last edited by HoZy; 04-25-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hakhawk
    I know first hand that owning a bmw isnt what made hozy the way he is, its just his charm
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder
    HoZY is good guy and has proven it many times by being a longtime participant in this community.

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Thanks for the salute guys! Great to hear from y'all.
    I don't suffer much from the dozen of dents that the storm put on the car because it's driving so nice that I always smile when I ride.
    I've been batcrap crazy busy and I've got an E30 that was seized when I tried to re register. Apparently PO had a former employee suing him in 1990 and even having won the judge never lifted the restriction on thus car papers. '86 325i with sports recaros, 15" BBS style 5's immobilizer, a bunch of rare extras like ABS, computer, airbag, power windows, mirrors and seats... and 80000km! so I'm waiting on her. No pics until the process is over, its impounded right now.

Enviado desde mi SM-N920G mediante Tapatalk
    Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    03' 540i, 05' 545i
    Quote Originally Posted by jicaino View Post
    Thanks for the salute guys! Great to hear from y'all.
    I don't suffer much from the dozen of dents that the storm put on the car because it's driving so nice that I always smile when I ride.
    I've been batcrap crazy busy and I've got an E30 that was seized when I tried to re register. Apparently PO had a former employee suing him in 1990 and even having won the judge never lifted the restriction on thus car papers. '86 325i with sports recaros, 15" BBS style 5's immobilizer, a bunch of rare extras like ABS, computer, airbag, power windows, mirrors and seats... and 80000km! so I'm waiting on her. No pics until the process is over, its impounded right now.

You seem to be taking that pretty well; I'd be beyond furious. Likely wouldn't even type about it

My Cars
    '97 523i5 - 99' 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer7410 View Post
    You seem to be taking that pretty well; I'd be beyond furious. Likely wouldn't even type about it
    PO reimbursed all my money until lawyers sort it out, and hired the lawyers himself. He was great about this. He didn't know. We sent all involved offices a pre-buy and ownership transfer notice and all dossiers from all offices came clean. It's a technicality... Police records don't prescribe unless they receive the judge's order. I couldn't be furious about this.

Diehard E39 driver.

My Cars
    03' 540i, 05' 545i
    Quote Originally Posted by jicaino View Post
    PO reimbursed all my money until lawyers sort it out, and hired the lawyers himself. He was great about this. He didn't know. We sent all involved offices a pre-buy and ownership transfer notice and all dossiers from all offices came clean. It's a technicality... Police records don't prescribe unless they receive the judge's order. I couldn't be furious about this.

Ah, ok thats understandable and how it should go all the time