View Poll Results: Are you on any facebook groups?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

10 100.00%
  • Nope

0 0%

Thread: E38 Facebook Groups

My Cars
    '95 740i

Question E38 Facebook Groups

Hey guys, I don't think this would be a problem posting here but I'm curious who of you are active on the facebook groups?

Recently I saw a member here post something along the lines of, "Yeah well with the facebook groups everybody just posts questions that we already have answers to!" It got me thinking, "facebook groups no kidding! Duh!" I now belong to five or six groups, all with quite a following and high level of activity.

I'm, "James Heslop" and seem to have managed to already upset a few people in one or two of them with various concepts/ideas for the 7. I've started wondering if THEY are any of YOU! Heh, I've seen a couple names/cars that I recognize and figure I'd ask: Who of you are on facebook, and are active in the groups?

At first I was worried about them taking members away from here but in reality why the heck would that happen. This place is an archive, a well-established membership base of well-informed and well-mannered folks!

On the topic of getting on the grumpy side of some folks on the facebook side of things, I apologize in advance if any of them were YOU or YOU or even YOU, you punk.

=D

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    2001 740iL Prod 4/2000
    I never had FB until my sibs suggested it to stay in touch with family. Subsequently I 'found' a lot of old friends, so that part was good.
    Joined one E38 group, but found it to be a little sparse in content, as it is FB after all. Lots of yammering, a few snipers, tons of ads.
    Some good people there though, Ed for one.
    Still have to adjust the bazzer a little....

You still can't beat BimmerForums for content, advice, tips/tricks and mostly the genuine persona of members here. Always a pleasure.

My Cars
    E89, E39, E38
    Forget about that guy who kept arguing with you about the carbon fiber vinyl. I hate it as much as anyone else and I would never do it because it just doesn't make any sense, but that one guy just would not shut up even though you basically agreed on the same thing.
    10/12 E89 Z4 sDrive35i: Alpine White/Coral Red, 6MT, ZMP
    12/01 E39 M5: TiAg/full black leather, Supersprint mufflers + x-pipe, SSK
    04/95 E38 750iL: Jet Black/black, M Parallels, Shadowline, x-pipe and muffler delete

My Cars
    '95 740i
    rgao007

It's actually quite cool to see the difference from the East coast and West coast groups in the US, vs the UK group or the Aussie group when it comes to personalities/types of posts. I'm jealous of the UK guys though with their proximity to Latvia/Lithuania where it is quite evident that's where all E38's go to die out there!

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    740iL (E38 '01)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos View Post
    rgao007

It's actually quite cool to see the difference from the East coast and West coast groups in the US, vs the UK group or the Aussie group when it comes to personalities/types of posts. I'm jealous of the UK guys though with their proximity to Latvia/Lithuania where it is quite evident that's where all E38's go to die out there!
    Why so many parts from Latvia?? I'm always wondering what's going on there, do they have an E38 cult or something?
    Re Facebook, I just recently started using it, just to join Ed's E38 group. I wish he would come back here.

My Cars
    '95 740i
    Yeah I dunno about them. It's neat, my family history is Lithuanian and I receive parts from where my ancestors lived all the time. I just received TESSA tape today from Lithuania for $3 shipped. The other day I got some license plate light connectors from Riga, Latvia. I take full advantage of online shopping =D

My Cars
    740iL (E38 '01)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos View Post
    Yeah I dunno about them. It's neat, my family history is Lithuanian and I receive parts from where my ancestors lived all the time. I just received TESSA tape today from Lithuania for $3 shipped. The other day I got some license plate light connectors from Riga, Latvia. I take full advantage of online shopping =D
    I got cupholder, bolts and all kind of stuff. Stopped ordering electronics tho like airbag module, they tend to be defective. Probably temperature related.

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    i'm on FB groups as well i just posted up about my score at a JY just a few minutes ago lmao.
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

WIP: Custom Style 42 18x9.5" ET12, 18x10.5" ET8, 3.15 LSD Rear diff.

My Cars
    750iL; 330Ci cab; 5GT
    IMHO the FB group I contribute to is interesting, but nowhere near as knowledgeable and informative as boards like this. The good thing is that posters seem to be a younger set that has discovered the same enthusiasm for E38's that we have, which has to be good for keeping them on the road.

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    E38 Empire is good on FB