My Cars
    2004 M3 - 2005 X5

Question X5 E53 Audio Speaker Wiring

I have a 2005 X5 E53, it only has the standard non-nav radio, no factory sub(s).
    I have identified the A18 amplifier in the left rear panel with the X605 plug shown here -
    https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...lifier/UYRN8SU.
    I need to tap into the wires going to(output) the Rear Speakers (full range?). The pin layout is here -
    https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...lifier/Zepm6L0

My guess is to tap into the left and right rear "woofer" wires, pins 1 and 2 left rear, pins 24 and 25 right rear.

My questions is, are those the correct pins and does anyone know what the wire colors are?

I am connecting a high-low adapter with a subwoofer level control knob and need the correct high input wires for that.
    I have all the other wiring done for the after market amplifier, sub box, and the adapter.

Sincerely thank you for any help.

My Cars
    2004 M3 - 2005 X5
    I have completed test of all the circuits listed in the pin layout A 18 Amplifier above. The thicker wires are for the full range speakers, listed as woofers, Pins 1 and 2 are the Left Rear, Yellow/Brown and Pins 24 and 25 are the Right Rear Blue/Brown, naturally Brown being ground. All others speaker circuits are what I consider Tweeters, the ones listed as medium range, pins 39 thru 42, are the two small speakers in the dash. The one incorrect listing is pins 35 and 36, they are listed as Not Used but in this case the are the Right Front Woofer. To test and identify the circuits I used a 1.5v battery and tapped the wires of each circuit to it. This created enough of a noise to easily identify each speaker. I learned of using a battery for identifying positive-negative circuits here on Bimmerforums, so thank you to the awesome contributors.
    Note to this story, due to time constraints, originally I had guessed the wire colors and turns out I was correct. The reason the system was not working, found through the battery test, was amazingly the wires from the Subs were not connected to the Terminal Plate inside the enclosure. My thinking, this is near impossible to happen accidentally even if the enclosure was dropped on its end of which has no apparent damage. The system was bought used form a nephew and my thinking is the enclosure was taken apart and someone forgot to reconnect the wires. The moral to the story is, check what is easiest first, not what is likely, lol.