BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: Twin Screw Stage 3 Supercharged E36 M3/4/5 Sedan Active Autowerke Built in FL

My Cars
    Ferrari 348 Spider,TS M3

Twin Screw Stage 3 Supercharged E36 M3/4/5 Sedan Active Autowerke Built in FL

1997 E36 M3 Sedan 5speed Stage 3 Twin Screw Supercharged
    150k miles
    $13,000

Sadly, I think it's time to sell this unique M3. Some of you may know the history of this car even better than I, but I'll recount it as best as I remember.
    It was purchased by Active Autowerke in Miami with low miles as their development car for their Twin Screw E36 supercharger kits. They used this car to develop and test their supercharger. Once they were finished, they put the car online and I snatched it up in minutes. It had I think 117k miles on it when I bought it. It now has 150k miles.
    It has been featured in Roundel, and other BMW magazines and websites. It ran a 12.58 I think while Active Autowerke still owned it. It was built to perfection as a beastly street car with all of their best components.
    Stage 3 Twin Screw Supercharger including trunk-mounted water/alcohol injector tank, 455HP. I dynoed it at 385RWHP on a Mustang Dyno. Brutally fast, 90% of torque is available at 2000rpm, so it has power all the time. Comfortable, effortless power.
    Active Autowerke stainless steel street exhaust (a nice growl, but not very loud). No catalytic converter.
    Active Autowerke short shifter and shift knob
    Active Autowerke 600hp rated racing clutch (a little heavier than stock, but fine for daily driving)
    Active Autowerke cold air kit
    Koni single adustable shocks (replaced front shocks a couple months ago)
    Oil cooler
    Traction control disabled, traction control is your right foot.

I have extensive service records, it has been meticulously maintained with no expense spared in mechanical maintenance. Every time something was repaired I tried to upgrade/use the best available parts. I replaced the head gasket, so I took the opportunity to replace it with Kometic gasket.

It has a custom stereo system built by Sound Designs in West Palm Beach. $2,500 sound system with Kenwood head unit (remote control, phone input/charger), Morel Dotec speakers, and a slim Kenwood 10" perfectly docked into the side corner of the trunk. Extensive sound deadening throughout makes this beastly car drive very comfortably and quietly. I believe I have most if not all of the original stereo, but it wasn't working well when I replaced it.

The rear seats are the stock Mulberry leather in good condition, the fronts have been custom reupholstered in cloth to match the color of the rest of the leather (leather is way too sticky, hot, and slippery!), but with M3 color thread accents. They did a beautiful job, it was done a couple years ago and they still look brand new. Power seats, not heated.

Factory Alpine alarm system, electric seats, sunroof, power windows, locks, all the regular stuff, a well outfitted M3 from the factory.

Body /exterior history: According to Active Autowerke, it sustained some damage during transport from something hitting it on the roof and quarter panel. It has had some previous paint work to fix that issue, and there are a couple places on the front driver's quarter and rear driver's quarter where clear has peeled a little. The rear bumper has some small spider cracks from a minor bump I'm assuming. No major collisions or body work, frame has never been straightened. The paint looks good overall, especially for a 20 year old car. White ages well. It was garaged for most of its life and only for the last few years has it had to stay outside. Some of the door handles are sun faded as a result. I will include close-up pictures of the body. Lines are straight, very few dings.
    Corner lights are BMW Euro clear lights. Front headlights are upgraded, with glass lenses. I don't remember what kind. ZKW or something like that? Rear trunk has been replaced with a custom carbon fiber trunk I bought from a user on this forum. Very nicely made, and all of the hardware transferred well. The stereo shop added some sound deadening material so it isn't super light, but it is nice and quiet and looks good except that its paint job no longer perfectly matches the factory Alpine. I'm mentioning every little thing I can about the car, even if it may not be that noticeable to you, or expected on a 20 year old car, because I'm very picky and I want to be thorough. I also have the original factory trunk lid in good condition, and I am including it with the sale. Tires have a lot of tread left. Rear tires are showing a slight bit of surface cracks on the walls.

Interior: The cover behind the steering wheel has been replaced with a BMW original part covered in carbon fiber looking material and clearcoated. Looks very good, like it could have been from the factory. The shifter console is an original BMW Lightweight M3 piece with the M3 color carbon fiber threads, but it is starting to delaminate. It may be able to be repaired to look good, and it may be worth it as I paid $700 for it when I bought it and I doubt they are still available at any price. The shifter leather, parking brake lever leather, and center armrest leather have been replaced with custom material (leather-like, but not real leather) in colors that match the interior, with M3 colored double stitching. Factory M3 floor mats in good condition. The foamy backing garbage fell apart as they always do over time, but the cloth top and M3 stitching is in good condition. All of the car's interior carpets are in good condition.

As far as I know the car has no mechanical issues whatsoever. The engine, supercharger, brakes, etc., all have received the appropriate maintenance from experienced shops. It was my daily driver for a few years, and still drives great.

Owned by an adult, who has owned several high-end sports cars and exotics including a Lotus Exige, Ferrari 348 Spider, E46 M3, E30 M3 race car. I have been a track instructor since 2001. I know how to take care of cars, and how not to abuse them. This car has never been tracked or abused. It is available immediately in south Florida, clear title in hand. Cash only. For more information feel free to call me at 561-628-6929.

The Dropbox link below has 65 pictures and I can add anything to the folder that you might like to see, feel free to ask.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u31mlmob5...3ha_CtYya?dl=0
    Last edited by RadAuto; 08-23-2018 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Oops, reupholstered in cloth, not leather.

1997 TwinScrew AA M3 Sedan 460HP, 1988 M3 Race Car with OBDI 3.2L, 2007 Lotus Exige S www.RadAuto.com

My Cars
    Ferrari 348 Spider,TS M3
    Bump! The car is still available!

1997 TwinScrew AA M3 Sedan 460HP, 1988 M3 Race Car with OBDI 3.2L, 2007 Lotus Exige S www.RadAuto.com

My Cars
    Ferrari 348 Spider,TS M3
    Still available, make offers.

My Cars
    06 MR
    Quote Originally Posted by RadAuto View Post
    Still available, make offers.
    12k... when shall I pick it up?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Is this the car on eBay for $13,000? seems like a steal but never saw any engine pictures so i had no idea it was supercharged!

My Cars
    Ferrari 348 Spider,TS M3
    That's the one! Stage 3 supercharged, Twin Screw setup, which is the best way to go. 90% of torque available all the way from 2000rpm. Beast of a car.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RadAuto View Post
    That's the one! Stage 3 supercharged, Twin Screw setup, which is the best way to go. 90% of torque available all the way from 2000rpm. Beast of a car.
    I can imagine! Do you have more pics of it? It's gorgeous for sure!

My Cars
    Ferrari 348 Spider,TS M3
    Still available, make an offer.

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Have you tried Bring a Trailer?

My Cars
    1995 bmw m3
    Pretty please, put your gem of a car on Bringatrailer.com

My Cars
    Ferrari 348 Spider,TS M3
    Sold.

My Cars
    97 Z3 2.8 5SP
    Hey, here's that old thread! Linking these two threads together... Here's the continuation...

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...r&goto=newpost