My1986 Euro 635Csi Auto refuses to start and I would appreciate any advice that you can offer. It has been off the road for 4 years and I need to get it running again before I put it into storage. I have replaced the fuel and battery and put a jump on the main relay and the fuel relay but the engine only turns over with no hint of it firing. When I jumped the fuel relay the pump makes a continuous and quite loud noise. There is a spark and the coil values are ok. I jumped the obc in the glovebox (two green wires) several years ago and I wonder if this is faulty but none are available on ebay. Is the obs disabling the relays and the ecu and injectors? Is there any simple tests that I could carry out? I haven't checked fuel flow or the values for the crank and speed sensors yet (I replaced the crank sensor and distributor and cts a couple of years before it went off road). Could it be the auto shift lever disabling the start?

One concern I had was that the previous owner seems to have bi-passed the obc as there are two fused wires coming off the battery and when I jumped the main relay I got a burning smell from my obc jump and those wires have melted the insulation.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.