I drive BMW E36 with a standard getrag250 transmission. I have GS637BZTHEG laying in my garage, which I planning to swap next season (I have custom engine-side shaft, gearbox mount and other parts).

Having owned hot-hatch with short gear ratios, I never like BMW gearing (shorter 1,2nd gear than others, which leads to big rpm drop on 3rd) and just found out that Getrag 260 (bought it also for scrap metal price) from e30 has different ratios (1st 3,83 2nd 2,2, compared to bmw 1st, 2nd 4,23 and 2,52), my current engine has power up-top, so rpm drop is much more noticeable. Stock gearing with my engine/diff setup:

stock.png

Combining 260 1st, 2nd with GS637BZTHEG, getrag250, ZF S5D

260 ir stock hibridas.png

So my question - is it possible to fit 1st and 2nd gear from Getrag 260 to 6speed e46 transmission (GS637BZTHEG), Getrag 250 transmission or ZF 5-speed 328/m3 transmission?

I haven't found anyone who tried it on google or this forum. I really hope someone here has hands-on experience or know someone who does with this type of situation. I'm not gonna do this job myself, so before spending money on labour it would be good to know if it is even a possibility.