Thread: 2007 X3 Electrical Problem- Car won't lock/unlock

My Cars
    2007 X3 si 3.0

Unhappy 2007 X3 Electrical Problem- Car won't lock/unlock

Background: I purchased a 2007 x3 and it came with only one key. The remote function of the key never really worked and so I would always open the door via the drivers inlet. The actuator for the drivers side went out one day and to avoid fixing it, I got a new key which had the remote function. So my only way to unlock the car has been through the remote.

Anyways fast forward to this morning. My car died twice in the last week and at first I thought it was the cold which drained by battery. But after driving it only last night since the last time it died and having it die this morning I think it might be the battery itself. I got a jump start but I noticed after the jump that my central locking system was not functioning normally. I cant unlock or lock the car from the center button like I used to before it died this morning. Moreover, when I try to use the key remote to unlock it, I hear the car struggling to unlock it, but to no avail. I suspect a fuse may have blown out somewhere, but I haven't checked yet.

Any ideas?
    I have a feeling this car may have a greater electrical problem but its too vague or too large for me to find a noteworthy google search.

My Cars
    1972 Mercedes-Benz W115
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebas126 View Post
    Background: I purchased a 2007 x3 and it came with only one key. The remote function of the key never really worked and so I would always open the door via the drivers inlet. The actuator for the drivers side went out one day and to avoid fixing it, I got a new key which had the remote function. So my only way to unlock the car has been through the remote.

Anyways fast forward to this morning. My car died twice in the last week and at first I thought it was the cold which drained by battery. But after driving it only last night since the last time it died and having it die this morning I think it might be the battery itself. I got a jump start but I noticed after the jump that my central locking system was not functioning normally. I cant unlock or lock the car from the center button like I used to before it died this morning. Moreover, when I try to use the key remote to unlock it, I hear the car struggling to unlock it, but to no avail. I suspect a fuse may have blown out somewhere, but I haven't checked yet.

Any ideas?
    I have a feeling this car may have a greater electrical problem but its too vague or too large for me to find a noteworthy google search.
    I think this is called a lemon car, right? I have just read an article that talks about this at https://www.lemberglaw.com/lemon-law-lawyers-attorneys/. It might be helpful for you. Hope it really helps.