Thread: Leaking coolant

My Cars
    X5

Leaking coolant

I bought a 2011 X5 3 weeks ago and I am traveling when I got an engine malfunction reduce speed warning ⚠️ I pulled over turned the car off let her rest then started her up again and began traveling at a slower speed, I got another warning message... I did the same thing and was able to make it to my destination. The next morning I was trying to get my car to a bmw dealership to be checked when o got a low coolant warning light. I pulled over added coolant but noticed that the coolant was going to the ground. So I called a tow truck and had it towed to the dealership.

Of course it’s a weekend so I can’t get any information on what’s wrong, but hoping someone here can help me out.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by Mslwareing View Post
    I bought a 2011 X5 3 weeks ago and I am traveling when I got an engine malfunction reduce speed warning ⚠️ I pulled over turned the car off let her rest then started her up again and began traveling at a slower speed, I got another warning message... I did the same thing and was able to make it to my destination. The next morning I was trying to get my car to a bmw dealership to be checked when o got a low coolant warning light. I pulled over added coolant but noticed that the coolant was going to the ground. So I called a tow truck and had it towed to the dealership.

Of course it’s a weekend so I can’t get any information on what’s wrong, but hoping someone here can help me out.
    Probably a leak in the coolant reservoir (cracked) or leak in the radiator. Had it happen to me couple days ago and it was Radiator, Water pump, and Thermostat (at least that what BMW dealer told me). Oh yes, I change the Coolant Reservoir like a month before also.