Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locked myself INSIDE my car!!!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i

Thumbs down Locked myself INSIDE my car!!!

Ok so today i actually locked myself inside my car.. heres how this went down.

I got off work, and walk to my car. press the unlock button on my keys and nothing happens.. so i figured my key was dead. i use the actual key in the door and it still will only unlock like halfway, which i thought was really strange. i jiggled the door and it was hard to open, but eventually did roughly. Excited that im finnaly in my car and not standing in the cold i put the key in the ignition and come to find that the battery was sooo dead that it wouldnt even unlock the doors. I go to leave the car and believe it or not, the door had relocked (or was still locked???) and i couldnt get out! pulling on the handle and pressing the button in the middle console did nothing because the stupid unlock system in e46's are completely controlled by electronics and dont function without power. TO MAKE THINGS WORSE MY CELL PHONE WAS DEAD!

Im in my car freezeng to death for about an hour (i live in canada... its
    -20 C ) untill some chick finnaly arrives in the parking lot. im banging on my windows yellig at her to come over.. and luckilly she had booster cables. Funny thing is she didnt know how to use them so i had to yell at her from inside the car and direct her how to boost a car hahaha. Thank god this actually worked and i was free from my jail cell. I think its probablly the most rediculous situation i have ever been in haha.

what would happen if i was in some deserted area ?? I would have to kick my own window out lol. pretty dumb.

Morale of the story: DONT LEAVE YOUR LIGHTS ON AND KILL YOUR BATTERY. YOU WILL BE TRAPPED!!
    Kiss french, wear Italian, DRIVE GERMAN.

Car domain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3830740

My Cars
    04 330xi
    sorry to hear about that man, good to know. maybe if you have fold down rear seats, and pass through rear armrest, you maybe could have reached though the arm rest to activate the fold down seats, and then opened the trunk manually. just an idea before breaking out the window.

My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    Cool Story bro.
    -///Mike ///Michael ///Mikey

pwn noobs /thread

My Cars
    95 M blk/blk
    haha, thats pretty funny. The only thing that would make that story more interesting is if you "thanked" the chic in the back seat after she helped you.
    96 328i ITR Racecar
    95 M3 blk/blk - hillclimb project - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1798796 - Retired to street duty after two awesome seasons!
    2002 325XiT - daily

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerbumm193 View Post
    haha, thats pretty funny. The only thing that would make that story more interesting is if you "thanked" the chic in the back seat after she helped you.
    haha yeah i sould of lol

Quote Originally Posted by ago View Post
    sorry to hear about that man, good to know. maybe if you have fold down rear seats, and pass through rear armrest, you maybe could have reached though the arm rest to activate the fold down seats, and then opened the trunk manually. just an idea before breaking out the window.
    i dont have the fold down seats either.. the car is basically a jail cell haha
    Last edited by e46bro; 12-26-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by e46bro View Post
    the stupid unlock system in e46's are completely controlled by electronics and dont function without power.
    Whoa, slow down, first of all, you are the stupid one for leaving your lights on. Second of all, the locks in E46 are mechanical controlled by electronic actuators. You can always still unlock and lock your doors without "Electronics."

But Brool Story Co...

pwn noobs /thread

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrXI View Post
    Whoa, slow down, first of all, you are the stupid one for leaving your lights on. Second of all, the locks in E46 are mechanical controlled by electronic actuators. You can always still unlock and lock your doors without "Electronics."

But Brool Story Co...
    +1

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    2008 335i coupe MT6

But Brool Story Co...
    and your the asshole for calling someone who makes a mistake "stupid"......plenty of people have left their light on before
    but ice nomment casshole
    2008 CPO 335i, MT6,Cobb AP, AFE CAI,ER/Tial Diverter pipe/BOV,BMW Performance flat bottom steering wheel,H&R Sway bars,Reiger trunk spoiler

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Alright....settle down everyone. If you leave your lights on.....don't you say to yourself, "Man....was I stupid"? slvr didn't mean it in a hatefull way....but to blame it on the car isn't right either.....

Ho Ho Ho
    Last edited by danewilson77; 12-26-2009 at 09:40 PM.

My Cars
    05 545i, 03 X5
    Actually, (and I forget the exact sequence of events but something like locking the doors while in the car with the remote) you can get trapped in the car. The doors are "deadbolted" (probably the incorrect term) when remote locked and the only way to release them is with the remote. There was a thread a while ago about it where the guy had to climb out of his window because of this. Maybe I'll look for it later, "helping" my youngest build his erector set right now, had to pause for another beer.

My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwill831 View Post
    and your the asshole for calling someone who makes a mistake "stupid"......plenty of people have left their light on before
    but ice nomment casshole
    Nah bro, he was the one that called e46 stupid, based on his lack of knowledge. I analyzed the situation and made my opinion... Perfectly logical to use his own words in a different context.

Again. Cool story bro.

pwn noobs /thread

My Cars
    2005 330CI ZHP Vert.

Peter Griffin did it too...
    Last edited by hyptnochicken; 12-26-2009 at 09:45 PM.
    Evidently Chickentown...

My Cars
    97 Dakar M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RBART View Post
    ... "helping" my youngest build his erector...

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammko18 View Post
    Wut?

My Cars
    05 545i, 03 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Wut?
    Apparently his father never spent enough time with him Or he likes thinking of little kids with erections, either one is pretty sad.

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Ya...I didn't see the humor at all......maybe he can explain that one to me. Maybe I missed something..

My Cars
    98m395m30032394318ic
    Well,.. moments from now, we can all have a good laugh about it all.

Ok... Now.
    santa
    93 e36 vert / 95 E36 M3 Alpine / 98 M3/4 Estoril / 00 '46 Frankenbimmer CI , 68s / shark tooth injected driver bolster with slimline low gloss duct tape / angled front pass kidney grill with custom eject hood release / EE LEDs moisture sealed/ Pep Boys silicone / Google sky point OEM HIDs with glovebox leveling arm after wishbone install / custom BMW round pin diagnostic to USB cabin routed laptop with INPA for constant CE light delete / sock modded / t-shirt mod / clicking sound.

My Cars
    05 545i, 03 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Ya...I didn't see the humor at all......maybe he can explain that one to me. Maybe I missed something..
    Guess not, just another troll trying to turn this place from a place of resourceful information into a spam festival. He is pretty cool with the michael vick avatar. Child molester and animal killer, what a great combination. Sorry to the OP,

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i

But Brool Story Co...
    sorry to point this out but u really cant.. trust me i was in that situation.. yes i was stupid for leabinf the lights on, but the car does require power to lock/unlock. try unpluging ur battery, and getting into ur car... wont work trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by hyptnochicken View Post

Peter Griffin did it too...
    lol thought the exact same thing as i was in the car

Nah bro, he was the one that called e46 stupid, based on his lack of knowledge. I analyzed the situation and made my opinion... Perfectly logical to use his own words in a different context.

Again. Cool story bro.
    lol a little too sensitive with respect to the e46. i LOVE my car, and i was just trying to report the story with some sarcasm. no disrespect intended dude
    Last edited by e46bro; 12-26-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Did you at least get the girl's number?

lol...

2015 ProSolo STX Class Champion

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nK3y View Post
    Did you at least get the girl's number?

lol...
    haha nope but i should have.. she was diggin the ride

My Cars
    01 330I Sport/M/Winter package
    sucks but funny.

My Cars
    E46 330i 5 spd
    I could see myself finding some way to lock myself in my car...lol. Nice car OP, steel blue 330i's FTW!

My Cars
    E36/7M, E39Wagon, '12 X3
    You guys are all noobs. It's nearly impossible to lock yourself in these cars... I can prove it in literature, but I'd rather no waste my recources... Lol kdz

pwn noobs /thread

My Cars
    95 318ic,95 325i,02 325i
    hhahha damn that does suck well i almost did that in my 318ic luckly the top was down so i just jumped out haha but good to know you got out!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast