Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Inditifying postive and negative speakers wires for mono block input connections

My Cars
    840Ci/6 528iT Europa TCS

Inditifying postive and negative speakers wires for mono block input connections

I have my sub woofer mono black amp, mounted and ready to go in my e39 wagon. The wiring diagrams do not show Positive or negative for each speaker. Has anyone been through this and can shed some light on which wires are positive and negative for the front and rear speakers? I know which wires are for each speaker but not which is positive and which is negative. I would need this information in order to correctly connect them to the speaker level input plug supplied with the amp?
    Thanks for your help.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    The factory wiring diagram doesn't distinguish this. Doesn't matter which is + or - as long as they are connected the "same". Have a look at the speakers and the wire color at the terminals. Connect the wires from one side(say left) to either + or - and wires from the other side to the opposite pole. You won't hurt anything by mixing them up but will be out of phase.
    Last edited by ross1; 04-13-2018 at 08:17 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    BMW generally uses brown or some other color plus brown for "-" when it comes to stereos. While you won't hurt speakers by connecting them out of phase, they may sound funny is the are out of phase.