Thread: More Stereo Questions

My Cars
    840Ci/6 528iT Europa TCS

More Stereo Questions

So, I have my sub woofer mono black amp, ready to go. I have it mounted in a nice space. All is good except, the line in/speaker inputs have me baffled. The wiring diagrams do not show Positive or negative for each speaker. Has anyone been through this and can shed some light on which wires are positive and negative for the front and rear speakers I need to connect?
    Thanks for your help.

My Cars
    840Ci/6 528iT Europa TCS
    Hi Youz Guyz, I am in Chicago (originally from Detroit) and dis is how we talk heah, In Chitown.
    I just installed a ARC Amplifiers XDI 450.4 amp, a pair of (Hat) Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus Series 5.25 Coaxials in the rear roof. I then disconnected the tweeters in the rear doors. Next, I added a pair of Hybrid Audio technologies Clarus series 61-2 two ways (6.5inch) in the fronts with the Clarus C2x Crossovers and custom baffle boards from 12Volt electronics in Crystal Lake, IL. I had already installed an Alpine MRV M500 sub woofer amp along with a Bav Sound Rear Subwoofer enclosure and a Memphis dual voice coil 10" woofer. It was not too difficult, but took a fair number of hours. The end result is astounding. I want to live in my wagon. I have not as yet gone through all the tuning that can be done but I hooked up my front tweeters with zero DBs of gain and set everything to nearly negative to fined a baseline.
    So far, it's incredible. I want to grab every CD I own and check it out in the wagon and see how it sounds. I used to play bass guitar (and I pretty much sucked) but I love to hear what really good bass players can do, and now I can. I also like Zappa, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and lots of bass player led music, like Stu Hamm, Marcus Miller, Adam Nitti etc. I like it loud, and I like to freak out my neighbors. I am 60 and I l still like aggressive music and I now have the system to kick out the jams (so to speak). So,the end result, so far, is these components seem to work together and with some more tweaking with the crossovers and the amp adjustments I think I can reach Nirvana.