Thread: Leaking fluid from under the car... OIL full,transmission acting up. HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!

My Cars
    2005 BMW 645CI

Leaking fluid from under the car... OIL full,transmission acting up. HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!

I just bought a 2005 CI convertible earlier this year. Before the purchase I took it to a shop got it up on a lift and checked the I dercarrage for leaks or anything wrong. Thing was bone dry no leaks nothing wrong. All the sudden a few weeks ago I noticed a golf ball size spot in the driveway. Thought it was oil and started checking around the motor. The leak kept getting worse and worse to the point where now it’s a frisbee size spot on the ground each night. Took it to a local Indy he got under it and took off the plastic undercarriage covers and they were soaked in fluid. Thing is the oil dipstick says it’s completly full. He thought it was leaking from the oil pan gasket and the oil filter but then the transmission started acting up. It would just start to rev uncontrollably high at random and it was like I was in neutral on the street all the sudden. One time I gave it some gas and ended up in limp mode. No codes thrown no check engine light on. Reset the tranny via holding down the gas pedal and it still does the same issue but no longer in limp mode. Could this be tranny fluid not motor oil and could there all the sudden be a leak in the tranny pan or something like that???? Anyone else have this problem and figured it out. I read some things about a valve body in the tranny as well as a metallurgist thing sleeve maybe or something like that. Please help with any advice you have this is my daily driver and I’m beside myself now!! Thanks a bunch
    Mike

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    Have a read of this:

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...3/#post3187817

...and don't panic, it probably nothing serious, and if it is the transmission sump gasket that is leaking then that is replaced when the fluid and filter is changed.
    Last edited by Timm; 04-11-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    2005 BMW 645CI

Transmission

So since it leaking wjat oart do i habe them rellace. Is here a transmission gasket that needs to be replaced. Do I need a whole New transmission pan and filter or just that little plastic piece that can get a crack in it? IÂ’ve read about that part on a few places now. Also do I need the metallurgic sleeve or socknwhatever itÂ’s called. Should I replace all those other parts while itÂ’s taken apart?.
    Thank you so much for reply im
    stessing hard over this..
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm View Post
    Have a read of this:

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...3/#post3187817

...and don't panic, it probably nothing serious, and if it is the transmission sump gasket that is leaking then that is replaced when the fluid and filter is changed.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 645CI

Bump

Anyone know what exact parts I need to buy??
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden803 View Post
    So since it leaking wjat oart do i habe them rellace. Is here a transmission gasket that needs to be replaced. Do I need a whole New transmission pan and filter or just that little plastic piece that can get a crack in it? IÂ’ve read about that part on a few places now. Also do I need the metallurgic sleeve or socknwhatever itÂ’s called. Should I replace all those other parts while itÂ’s taken apart?.
    Thank you so much for reply im
    stessing hard over this..

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv

My Cars
    2001 525it
    The most common leaks on the engine are upper timing covers, alternator plate gasket ( they can really puke), vacuum pump and the oil pressure switch below the vacuum pump. The trans pan certainly can leak along with the electrical connector. The car needs to get lifted to inspect it. I would check for faults in the egs ( trans computer)