Thread: Ifh-0006: Command not accepted ediabas_ifh_0006

My Cars
    E38 750i FL & E36 M3 4DR

Ifh-0006: Command not accepted ediabas_ifh_0006

I hope this will be a quick one.

I own E38 750i V12, facelift with two DMEs for each bank.
    Until recently I was able to read my DMEs with INPA, but haven't used it for a while, now when I try to connect to DME I get IFH-0006: COMMAND NOT ACCEPTED EDIABAS_IFH_0006 and following message afterwards.
    I can connect to any other modules fine. DIS is also working fine and reads DME, it is INPA only which would not work on engine computers.

I am using 20 <-> 16 PIN adaptor and USB interface from BMCables for INPA. Also have ADS, but I do not use it for E38. Just to remind - the same setup worked just fine previously.

Can you advise what should I do? I read on other forums to check for *.IPO and .*GRP files, but they are in correct folder. I believe it is a quick solution and anybody who can do diagnostics on their V12 maybe can share required files via Skype email etc...

Thank you
    Last edited by exeed; 04-10-2018 at 09:06 AM.

My Cars
    E38 750i FL & E36 M3 4DR
    Some updates from my experiments.

I wasn't lucky connecting to DME and EML via OBD socket under the hood, so I have decided to try OBD2 socket which is in the cabin.
    At first I was receiving the same error, then I have copied few DM*** files from another EDIABAS/Ecu folder, that I have (configured for ADS interface to use on my E36 M3), to the one I am using for my E38 diagnostics.
    Weirdly, but INPA connected to DME, but all text and options were in German, but hey it is still better. Somehow I has able to connect to LEFT side DME, but right one, after few attempts it connected to RIGHT one as well.
    I am confused a little bit now. Seems that I can connect to DMEs under certain conditions, but I am not sure what is the logic behind that.

My Cars
    1997 528i, 2000 750il
    You are not alone. I have all but given up on INPA. I use DIS V44 and can access all both DMEs with no problem.
    I set up INPA with ADS and use an R232 serial to 20 pin connector.

My Cars
    E38 750i FL & E36 M3 4DR
    Yes, exactly, I can access both DMEs and EML using EasyDIS v44 with the same USB cable, but INPA would not read those ECUs giving IFH-0006 error.

Weird thing about it, I was able to access all modules including DME computers with exactly the same setup on the very same laptop.

Now as a workaround I can use either DIS or connect diagnostics cable in the cabin to OBD2 port.

My Cars
    00 BMW 750
    Hey just as a follow up to this post, to connect to the port inside the cabin, do I require the pins 7 & 8 to be soldered together?