Thread: What's the deal with these stereo connectors? How do I get something that fits?

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330xi

What's the deal with these stereo connectors? How do I get something that fits?

I Wanna switch out the stereo in my 2003 330xi but come to find out they use these weird connectors: https://i.imgur.com/Ztd8Pz2.jpg
    These connectors are what plug into the factory stereo but I can't find anything that fits. I don't even know what the pinout is for these. So i've been without a stereo for a while because I can't find any details on these connectors or how I can go about getting something that connects to them. Does anyone have any knowledge on this at all?

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The image doesn’t show up. Nonetheless, there are adapters available. Try www.crutchfield.com. Also, try Sosche.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330xi
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
    The image doesn’t show up. Nonetheless, there are adapters available. Try www.crutchfield.com. Also, try Sosche.
    The thing is though, the adapters seem to require you to manually attach each wire to the custom adapter, but I don't know what each wire does. The diagram of the corresponding wires don't match what I have.
    And sorry, I tried applying the image but it showed up really huge probably because it was high res, so I just included the link.

My Cars
    05 E46
    Quote Originally Posted by airide101 View Post
    The thing is though, the adapters seem to require you to manually attach each wire to the custom adapter, but I don't know what each wire does. The diagram of the corresponding wires don't match what I have.
    And sorry, I tried applying the image but it showed up really huge probably because it was high res, so I just included the link.
    The wires on the adapters will wire up to the new stereo, and will match color for color. Then you just plug that adapter into those existing plugs already in the car. The whole point of the adapter is to not end up cutting any wires in the car itself.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity View Post
    The wires on the adapters will wire up to the new stereo, and will match color for color. Then you just plug that adapter into those existing plugs already in the car. The whole point of the adapter is to not end up cutting any wires in the car itself.
    I checked Crutchfield and they have a wiring harness(i'm guessing that's what it is no?). But even though it says it fits the connector showed in the picture certainly doesn't look like a fit for my connector.
    This is the connector given on the site:

And then this is my connector in my car (Not sure why the picture is so huge):

There's no way that will fit. That's why i'm confused, Crutchfield says it fits my car but it can't be. And I cannot find any information on this connector or an adapter that will actually fit.
    Last edited by airide101; 04-08-2018 at 03:26 PM.

My Cars
    2002 330Ci, 1995 325is
    The connector should connect to the wiring in the car the wires off of the connector connect to the wires that came with your new radio. You probably need a antenna adapter too. Make sure you connect a power wire, like the antenna power to power the amp in the trunk.