Thread: How to browse albums on USB stick?

My Cars

How to browse albums on USB stick?

I've used many systems on many cars from like mid 2000s but none can match the mental retardation level of BMW... just not even close.

The glove USB port doesn't recognize my USB drives... ever. Tried all the solutions, doesn't work, period.

The center console port works... but it kind of plays the songs however it wants it. I'm yet to find a way to choose an album. Say, I have two albums each in their own folder. The system just plays one album. I have not figured out how to exercise any choice...

Is there a way to do it? Or was BMW iDrive officially designed by mentally handicapped people?

It's 2013 328i vert.

My Cars
    BMW 335i convertible
    I dont think you will be able to listen to music from glovebox usb. That is only for importing music and software updates/map updates.
    Try inserting usb in glovebox and go to media, import music.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

My Cars
    The same USB stick that works in the center console (armrest compartment) is not recognized by the glove compartment USB port. I can't import anything. I tried 3 different drives, all formatted to FAT32... they never get recognized.

Also I don't see how to browse content of the USB stick once it in the armrest slot. It just plays whatever it wants. Does BMW require us to have a separate USB stick for each album or something?

My Cars
    2011 BMW E92

Music via USB Stick

This may not help you, but it might give you hope. My car: 2011 335i (E92)

1. I have never been able to play music from a USB drive inserted into the glove box port. I only use that port for updating the maps in the navigation system.
    2. I can play my entire music collection of about 400 albums ripped/stored on a 64GB USB drive inserted into the console USB port.
    3. To use: turn on audio system, press CD button on console, use iDrive knob to select USB drive, wait a moment, use iDrive knob to select Search (Magnifying Glass Icon), choose search method (I like folder), navigate folders (just like in Windows) using iDrive knob, get to album, get to first song in album, press iDrive knob to play.
    4. My system: Windows 10, Windows Media Player, rip to MP3, format NTFS, lots of different USB drive brands.

Good Luck.