Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Features and mods you wish were available?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim95M3 View Post
    I drive old cars because I like old cars. I just want a triple-blink turn signal, manual seats, and windows that go all the way down on the coupe.
    agreed....

but what is triple blink?....lol

My Cars
    z3
    You just tap the turn signal softly in a direction and it will blink a few times so you dont have to hold the turn signal down. If you push a little harder it will stay on, like for signaling at a red light

There are aftermarket modules that can be custom wired in to replicate this feature

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    I was thinking since the reference was to old cars, it was like the 60's Mustangs where the lights would blink from the inside out sequentially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOv6e9jGsRI
    Last edited by s8ilver; 04-11-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    You just tap the turn signal softly in a direction and it will blink a few times so you dont have to hold the turn signal down. If you push a little harder it will stay on, like for signaling at a red light

There are aftermarket modules that can be custom wired in to replicate this feature
    geez..........I could not care less about such things

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    geez..........I could not care less about such things
    I had this in a rental car once and it was gimmicky, but also pretty cool. You barely tap the stalk and you'd get a 3 or 4 count blink. My old Audi had the most annoying sound ever when you signaled almost like the stalk mechanism was an afterthought. Every time I used it I swore I broke it off, but apparently it was factory correct.

Luckily, signalling in Denver is now optional so I too couldn't care less.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    I had this in a rental car once and it was gimmicky, but also pretty cool. You barely tap the stalk and you'd get a 3 or 4 count blink. My old Audi had the most annoying sound ever when you signaled almost like the stalk mechanism was an afterthought. Every time I used it I swore I broke it off, but apparently it was factory correct.

Luckily, signalling in Denver is now optional so I too couldn't care less.

u know Im thinking back, and now I recall this on some cars Ive driven.,..it is kinda cool....

really, signalling is optional...??????..yikes

btw, how often do we hear

"I could care less.....".....which is wrong,..

like "beemer".........siiiiiigh
    Last edited by jrkoupe; 04-11-2018 at 03:27 PM.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by deni2s View Post
    There are stock looking too, only that you can't differentiate them from stock, so you don't notice they are CF as some are painting them in matching colors.

One of first results in google as an example:
    https://www.vividracing.com/varis-ca...151306416.html

Varis Carbon Fiber Light Weight Bonnet BMW E40 Z3 00-02
    $2,995.00

Model #VBB-4001

Not sure why link is not working when clicking on it for me, but there should be some pics:

I wonder if that is new to the market. I looked all over for one a couple years ago and couldn't anything like it. I don't want to sound like I'm bitching, but damn that is double the price of other after market carbon fiber hoods.

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    really, signalling is optional...??????..yikes
    It's required by law, but it's definitely not the norm anymore around here. It's also against the law to text while driving or sit in the left lane of a highway unless you're passing, but no one seems to follow those either. Is is legal, however, to turn left on a red light from a one way to a one way in Denver County, but no one seems to know that. My horns get quite the workout.

As a Denver native, I blame all the transplants. To me, signaling is as natural as putting on my seat belt, and it was never this bad in my early driving years.

I spent two years building a power plant in east TX, and I don't even think 80% of the drivers knew their cars came with turn signals. Driving on the 710 after picking my Roadster in Long Beach, I attempted to signal to change lanes. It seemed to be a signal to the guy in the next lane to quickly close the gap before I had a chance to get in.
    Nathan in Denver

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    seats bases made of Ti?......why?
    For lightness. I love the stock sport seats. But it is way too heavy construction. Especially when looking at how tiny wire frame it is made of.
    Also seats should go more down.

Movable steering wheel would have been great.

I am actually happy there were not too much silly options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tistan View Post
    I wonder if that is new to the market. I looked all over for one a couple years ago and couldn't anything like it. I don't want to sound like I'm bitching, but damn that is double the price of other after market carbon fiber hoods.
    No it is not new, these images are from at least 7-8 years a go. I dont know anyone with this hood, and there have not been any additional images ever. I think they made only one.

I tried to purchase that directly from Varis Japan and also via another seller. They are impossible to deal with. Impossible. Horrible.

But nobody else does quality item. But raises question if they have sold any and if they have destroyed molds because I tried to ask price and shipping options and I could get more answers with talking to my hand.
    Last edited by Remotion; 04-11-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

rather than Ti seat bases...which is kinda far fetched, just give us simple manual cloth sport seats
    Last edited by jrkoupe; 04-11-2018 at 09:19 PM.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    I was thinking about this one:
    https://www.drive2.ru/l/7428612/

Fits quite well.
    Is that still available? Has anyone purchased one recently? Can you send me one in the US?

-Ed Hands
    MaxPSI Stg2 Turbo
    R.Forbes magic F&R
    100K Original owner miles.
    Proud member of the BF.c FI - Big Torque Club (>500wtq Dyno Results)

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 02 Z3 2.5
    Mpire had a CF hood a few years ago that he couldn't give away. He hung it up in his dining room for decoration. Finally after a few years, someone came and got it.
    1999 M Coupe Boston Green, Beige, H&R/Bilsteins, Underdrive Pulleys, Euro 6 speed, UUC SSK and Randy Forbes in the back
    2002 2.5 Z3 roadster Oxford Green, auto, all stock
    2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually 385 HP, 850 ft lbs torque at 1600 rpm, all stock and staying that way
    2004 Mini Cooper Chili Red, daily driver, modified almost daily

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by E.Hands View Post
    Is that still available? Has anyone purchased one recently? Can you send me one in the US?
    600$ + P&P. You will probably have to pay some customs fees too.

thats a steal for good hood......a steal.............customs could be a killer tho

My Cars
    2001 3.0 Z-3 RD'STER
    Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    It's required by law, but it's definitely not the norm anymore around here. It's also against the law to text while driving or sit in the left lane of a highway unless you're passing, but no one seems to follow those either. Is is legal, however, to turn left on a red light from a one way to a one way in Denver County, but no one seems to know that. My horns get quite the workout.

As a Denver native, I blame all the transplants. To me, signaling is as natural as putting on my seat belt, and it was never this bad in my early driving years.

I spent two years building a power plant in east TX, and I don't even think 80% of the drivers knew their cars came with turn signals. Driving on the 710 after picking my Roadster in Long Beach, I attempted to signal to change lanes. It seemed to be a signal to the guy in the next lane to quickly close the gap before I had a chance to get in.
    Makes one wonder why car manufacturers put turn signal bars on cars anymore. Many drivers are either too lazy to apply their turn signal or on the cell phone and don't have time to use their turn signal....Pity

My Cars
    2020 M2C
    Rear fog light. Lots of other European cars have them.
    Bill
    2002 M Coupe. Steel Gray/Black.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2006 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Remotion View Post

No it is not new, these images are from at least 7-8 years a go. I dont know anyone with this hood, and there have not been any additional images ever. I think they made only one.

I tried to purchase that directly from Varis Japan and also via another seller. They are impossible to deal with. Impossible. Horrible.

But nobody else does quality item. But raises question if they have sold any and if they have destroyed molds because I tried to ask price and shipping options and I could get more answers with talking to my hand.
    I'm actually picking mine up next week...after almost a year wait (this was expected). Pretty excited. So yeah they do still make them and you can actually get a fiberglass version for a good bit less if you're gonna paint anyway, still cuts down on a lot of weight.

Who did you deal with btw?
    Last edited by lapoune; 04-15-2018 at 02:28 PM.

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by lapoune View Post
    I'm actually picking mine up next week...after almost a year wait (this was expected). Pretty excited. So yeah they do still make them and you can actually get a fiberglass version for a good bit less if you're gonna paint anyway, still cuts down on a lot of weight.
    Please post some pics and impressions.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2006 M3
    Please post some pics and impressions.
    Yep I'll start a build thread.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Quote Originally Posted by lapoune View Post

Who did you deal with btw?
    How much did it cost?

I was in contact with several people, I am not sure if it is vice to share that information here but several people from
    VARIS MFG CO.LTD
    Overseas Sales Department

Also with Hurtling company that is different company that sells Varis stuff overseas.

None of these resulted anything meaningful.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123