Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1994 325is, Digital Climate Swap Complete!

My Cars
    Yes

1994 325is, Digital Climate Swap Complete!

my '94 325is console:

99 M3 center vent
    01 M coupe CD43 headunit
    99 M3 Digital Control unit
    Orange Mood lighting (not to visable)

all in all, it is such a pleasure to be surrounded by the new controls. They look amazing and sophisticated. The digital control mod works perfect but is a huge undertaking. I still have the work all the gremilins out.

Next:

HK system retrofit
    BMW M3 3 spoke wheel/ (or some heated bmw wheel)
    leather everywhere!

My Cars
    E36
    Omg You Need To Make A Write Up Riiiight Now!!!! That Is Soooo Sickk!!!!!!

Awesome Job Bro!

My Cars
    Yes
    a write up for the whole thing? k.

1.) Buy all the new stuff, including the heater core out of a 96+ e36.

2.) Remove a couple things

(http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=236921)

3.) Put it all back together

No, seriously if you are really interested in doing this, which I do not reccommend, let me know.

My Cars
    Avus Blue M3
    What's the fcuking point? The knobs are waaaay slicker.
    blahosidfnsd

My Cars
    Yes
    yea, ok

to each his own.

BTW, forgot to thank ScottyCS for helping out by answering some of my questions during the process...

My Cars
    Avus Blue M3
    ok, glad you see it my way.
    blahosidfnsd

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by mpower325
    a write up for the whole thing? k.

1.) Buy all the new stuff, including the heater core out of a 96+ e36.

2.) Remove a couple things

(http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=236921)

3.) Put it all back together

No, seriously if you are really interested in doing this, which I do not reccommend, let me know.

Im interested but why do you NOT recommend it?

My Cars
    Yes
    Cause unless you really can handle it and you grasp a mechanical hand, taking apart the entire interior isn't a good idea...

My Cars
    Nissan Altima Limited Ed
    looks great. It really freshens up the interior of an already advanced car!

My Cars
    BMW
    How many hours did it take was it an easy for someone that works on cars?

My Cars
    94M3 95M3 94325is
    What's the significance of the 99 M3 center vent?? How does it differ from your original vent?

My Cars
    95 M3 Individual
    Good job!
    BMWCCA #357007

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    Very cool.

I've been looking for someone who has done this mod. for years.

You're the first one that has done it.

Good job.

Jon
    08' BMW M5 (Alpine white/Indy red) - Dinan/Brembo/Corsa/Forgestar/Vorsteiner/3M/Dinmann/SMG
    98' BMW M3 (Dakar yellow/black) - Dinan/RMS/Vortech/Work/Denon/Brax/Helix/3M/Recaro/Stoptech/AST/6MT/3.91 LSD

BMW 325isA (gone but not forgotten)
    ACS Type II front bumper-ACS Type II sport mirrors-ACS Type II roof spoiler-ACS Type I rear apron-ACS rear wing-ACS pedals/dead pedal-ACS wood gear knob-ACS wood trim-ACS badges-BBS RS II 18's-TMS chip-ECIS intake/cover-RMS exhaust-Dinan transmission chip-ERT crank pulley-ZKW/DDEII/Phillips 6000k Hids-Kenwood eXcelon head/CD changer-Alpine sound field processor-PPI Art amps-MBQ speakers-Infinity 10' sub-Alpine 8070 alarm-Chrome trunk lid-Chrome gauge rings-In Pro smoked corners-BMW OEM clear tails-M3 mouldings-M3 floor mats-M3 door sills-M3 Lux wood trim-M3 rear sway-X brace-Koni shocks-Bav Auto springs-JTD RSMs-Front/rear strut braces-E46 front grills-Kamei eyelids-Kamei cf door handles-tinted windows-German ECC plate

My Cars
    5/94 Euro 325i coupe
    Congrats, it looks great. I always wanted a digital climate control, I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonM3 View Post
    the Audi A4 is a tweaked, cosmetically enhanced, cross platform, put-together overnight VW.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeuser528e View Post
    Staggard setups are for cars that you park at show meets. They go well with 5 screens and 3 12"s.

My Cars
    1995 M3 & 2000 540i
    i just finished doing the rotary to digi climate coversion today... it took more over a day to do this job.. so much work is involved that i almost quit halfway through until mpower325 was nice enough to walk me through the steps i missed... as far as i know.. other than me... 3 other people have done this already.. i love the new look but just like mpower325 said.. i don't think i would do this again if i had to...

also a 99 center vent is needed for cars older than 1995 since the knob on the vent that controls hot or cold uses an electrical plug and car newer than 1995 use a thin steel cable..

2011 328i X-Drive~Mercedes ML55 AMG~2000 E320~1998 Chevrolet Corvette~2001 BMW 740iL

My Cars
    E36Eurospec|E30Track
    thats pretty sweet, did you do it yourself? Was it really hard!

My Cars
    94M3 95M3 94325is
    I think you guys need to post a "how-to" thread.

If that's too much to ask, how about a parts list (complete with p/n's) and a summary of how to overcome the major obstacles?

My Cars
    02 J.B 6MT M3, 94 Integra LS
    Looks great! Any day shots?

My Cars
    1995 M3 & 2000 540i
    I bought literally 3 parts...
    1) Heater core/box assebly from ANY 96+ E36 car... really big black box behind the dash.. contains the blower motor, heater core, and all the motorized vents

2) digi climate controls from any 1996 and up e36

3) Center vent from a 1996+ e36

I'll try to do a short summary... don't have much time right now..

basically remove entire dash.. follow the instructions in this link http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ic/ic80136.htm Follow everything to step 22. After that you have to remove the passenger steel frame which is held down by three bolts ( you'll see it when you take the dash out of the car). you also have to go under the hood and remove the windsheild wipers and the remove the plastic cover/vent once the windshield wipers are off... The your supposed to remove the wall which is held in by 2 bolts on the passenger side and one on the drivers side that protrudes under the wipers (it's hard to explain without a picture.. which is where i had trouble at first)... I forgot to mention that your supposed to drain the entire coolant out of the car first... drain it from the radiator and the engine block.. anyways.. the heater core is held on to the car by 4 bolts accessed through the engine by once that wall is removed. YOu'll also have to to remove one hex bolt on the pass side and one onthe drivers side that connects hoses to the heater core. Once you do that.. you can wiggle the heater core from the inside of the car towards the passenger side... (this part is where i had alot of trouble) once it's out, stick in the heater core assebly from a 1996+ and start reassebling the car.. this is just a brief summary of basically what to do... it took me about 15 hours jsut to take the heater core out... and another 5-6 hours putting everything back together... I didn't have a bentley manual and i'm literally just a below average mechanic... half way through i almost quit cause i thought it was that hard... but if i can do it.. so can everyone else..

2011 328i X-Drive~Mercedes ML55 AMG~2000 E320~1998 Chevrolet Corvette~2001 BMW 740iL

My Cars
    Yes
    Hey glad to hear it all worked out for you... im sure you like the new controls more.. i sure do..

yea so i guess so far... scottycs, me, and x2nervisx have done it...

My Cars
    94M3 95M3 94325is
    Quote Originally Posted by x2nervisx
    I bought literally 3 parts...
    1) Heater core/box assebly from ANY 96+ E36 car... really big black box behind the dash.. contains the blower motor, heater core, and all the motorized vents

2) digi climate controls from any 1996 and up e36

3) Center vent from a 1996+ e36
    What's the going rate for these parts (out of a parts car)?

My Cars
    E36 BMW M3
    I want that headunit! where'd you get it?

1998 BMW M3/4 | Koni Adjustable | H&R Race | X-Brace | Bosch Ellipsoids | DDE Lightning Titanium CWP | XTEC 5000K HID | Conforti CAI | Remus Racing Exhaust | MaxVelocity GTR Lip | 18" Black AC Schnitzer Type II | Brembo Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS pads | Stoptech SS Brakelines | Nakamichi CD-300 | Tang Band Subs | Focal Polyglass | 2 x MB Quart RAA2400 | Project Technik.com
    M3 SEDAN CLUB #31

My Cars
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Lun
    What's the going rate for these parts (out of a parts car)?
    got mine for around $200 for everything.

My Cars
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by M3@Apex
    I want that headunit! where'd you get it?
    the headunit is a CD43.. came standard on m coupes/ roadsters.. its a great piece. Bought it for $300 from John Vigg of Vigg designs. Ive seen them on ebay for up to $500.

My Cars
    E36 BMW M3
    Yeah! they match the OEM console perfectly too eh, not like....aftermarket deck stick out like a sore thumb.......so it's worth it? cause I have the CD changer...so will it still be able to control it?

1998 BMW M3/4 | Koni Adjustable | H&R Race | X-Brace | Bosch Ellipsoids | DDE Lightning Titanium CWP | XTEC 5000K HID | Conforti CAI | Remus Racing Exhaust | MaxVelocity GTR Lip | 18" Black AC Schnitzer Type II | Brembo Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS pads | Stoptech SS Brakelines | Nakamichi CD-300 | Tang Band Subs | Focal Polyglass | 2 x MB Quart RAA2400 | Project Technik.com
    M3 SEDAN CLUB #31

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast