Thread: 2003 325i Project?

My Cars
    E34 535/ E39 540/E46 330

2003 325i Project (Cannot Figure How To Delete Post)

*EDIT 2: The car was absolutely trashed inside and out, I've literally seen better st the junkyard, very disappointed, but back to the hunt for the right project lol. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for the condition, destroyed inside, literally every body panel had a major flaw, the cluster was more lit than a Christmas tree, and there was about a dozen screws, bolts, nuts, etc on each of the struts towers just laying there. The seller was very respectful and answered all my questions and was very polite though.
    Good afternoon all, I am usually posting in the E39 section because that's my true love, but I do love the E46 and would like a cheaper and easier car to mod and just have with as well as a project. I have studied about E46s and the common problems, so I was wondering for some feedback on if anyone thinks this would be worth my time. I have yet to see the car in person, I am going to do that in a bit, but from what I've seen on CL, my knowledge, and the usefulness of this forum and all the online info, I think for someone with my skills, knowledge, tools, time, budget, etc that it would be a worthwhile project. The car is a 2003 325i automatic with 137,000 and is about an hour one way from where I live, so I would also like to know if anyone thinks I could drive it home so I don't have to figure out a way to tow it lol.
    The description copied from CL says "2003 325i 137,000 Letting go for cheap because it needs a radiator, Runs & Drives otherwise, Tires new all the way around, Pads and Rotors recently replaced, new coolant hoses, recently fixed misfire all 6 ignition coils replaced, new battery, both lower control arms new.
    The Bad: needs a hood, fuel leak from undetermined location (doesn't effect vehicle while driving), and driver's side window doesn't roll down (common e46 problem) will include new regulator upon purchase.
    Will throw in a bunch of parts upon purchase, great car just want a better daily driver honestly."
    He is asking for $1000, the car is in fair condition, the hood I would just get one that fits and some of the other small cosmetic things I'd probably let go or get from the junkyard, does this seem like a car with lots of hidden problems, let me know what you think, thanks!
    *EDIT: Since the radiator needs replaced, I'll see how new the water pump is, if the expansion tank looks good and try to redo most of the cooling system since that would make the most since. The front end has damage, so I can only assume that's what damaged the radiator. It also does not have the clear corners headlights or the clear turn/ LED/ sexy taillights that from my research it should have since it is 2003 model year and the LCI started in 2002 model year
    Last edited by NoClue; 04-05-2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Viewed the car

My Cars
    01 E46 330i 5sp man spor
    After replacing a bunch of stuff someone is "letting it go cheap" for a leaking radiator? That's not a difficult or expensive repair. Sounds fishy to me. Could have been overheated and has blown head gasket or worse like head bolts pulled out of the block. That is what happens when they get real hot. Be careful and good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E34 535/ E39 540/E46 330
    The radiator looked alright, he started it and there was a terrible grinding sound, it wasn't leaking but he was going to include the most crap off brand water pump, thermostat, and window motor. All the brake lights where on and he said he literally cut off the brake wear sensors, and he said lots of stupid stuff, the car wasn't even worth $500

My Cars
    EXOTICS

Thumbs down Your basic e46 money pit.

Yep, run away!

My Cars
    E34 535/ E39 540/E46 330
    With the cost to purchase being the same as a nice used Domestic or Japanese car, all the best BMWs are slowly going extinct by people who have no intention of taking care of the car. RIP E36, E46, E34, E39, E38.