BAVToys

Thread: Headlight Indicator Problems???

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i

Headlight Indicator Problems???

Just picked up a black beauty over the weekend (2009 135i) and inherited a driver’s side front blinker/indicator problem.

I switched out the bulb for a new one (fail #1) then I traded the left bulb and sleeve (?) for the right one.
    The driver’s side works on the passenger side and the previously working passenger side bulb and sleeve did NOT work on the driver’s side (fail #2).

So I’ve narrowed it down to the driver’s side headlight housing... maybe?

I’m hoping I don’t have to replace the entire headlight housing - though I’ve heard you can get a headlight casing and transfer the working parts over...?

Anyone have any idea what’s broken/out of alignment?

Thank you for your help!

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Your on the right track look inside the housing of the headlight and see if there are burnt contact marks where the socket makes its contacts if is burnt is part of the headlight

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    Tyank you! I’ll work on that next!

My Cars
    2017 BMW 5 Series
    I have a situation where I'm doing wiring for the dashboard of a vehicle. For whatever reason, the turn signal/headlight switch on this vehicle outputs a 6 volt signal on the high beam wire when the low beam is on and a 12 volt signal when the high beam is on. The headlights work as they're supposed to, but the high beam indicator led is activated when the low beam is on since 6 volts is enough to activate it. Does anyone have a simple solution to make the indicator only turn on ShowBox Kodi Lucky Patcher when there is a 12 volt signal and not when it's a 6 volt signal?
    Last edited by nazimali; 05-06-2018 at 10:34 AM.

My Cars
    Bmw F11
    Hello, Please Give Me advice How To Change it? or repair?

Please See Images this Link

My Cars
    BMW 320d

Solution

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielallred View Post
    Just picked up a black beauty over the weekend (2009 135i) and inherited a driver’s side front blinker/indicator problem.

I switched out the bulb for a new one (fail #1) then I traded the left bulb and sleeve (?) for the right one.
    The driver’s side works on the passenger side and the previously working passenger side bulb and sleeve did NOT work on the driver’s side (fail #2).

So I’ve narrowed it down to the driver’s side headlight housing... maybe?

I’m hoping I don’t have to replace the entire headlight housing - though I’ve heard you can get a headlight casing and transfer the working parts over...?

Anyone have any idea what’s broken/out of alignment?

Thank you for your help!
    I think your problem is about the wiring. I think the wiring might have been damaged over the years.BobbyMovie Try checking all the wiring first before replacing the parts. See if there is any loose ends , if the current is flowing properly or not. Blokada

My Cars
    2014, BMW 340c
    Quote Originally Posted by nazimali View Post
    I have a situation where I'm doing wiring for the dashboard of a vehicle. For whatever reason, the turn signal/headlight switch on this vehicle outputs a 6 volt signal on the high beam wire when the low beam is on and a 12 volt signal when the high beam is on. The headlights work as they're supposed to, but the high beam indicator led is activated when the low beam is on since 6 volts is enough to activate it. Does anyone have a simple solution to make the indicator only turn on when there is a 12 volt signal and not when it's a 6 volt signal?
    I'll expand on one of cinelli's comments - why not fix the cause rather than the symptom? If you've got 6v on the high-beam feed when the switch is set to dip, this suggests to me there is a problem with the switch - and I'd be worried that it might be causing other hidden problems.
    For example, if the lamps aren't relayed (as is the case with a lot of older vehicles), you'll have 6v running through the high-beam filaments all the time the lights are on. This won't be enough to light them, but will shorten the life of the bulbs...
    Have you tried another switch?
    9appsVidmatehttps://get-cartoonhd.com
    Last edited by seoking; 04-03-2019 at 05:59 PM.