Thread: Top Goes up but will nto come down

My Cars
    2000 328i

Top Goes up but will nto come down

So my top stopped working at the end of last summer. I pulled the release handle and put it in storage. Over the winter I determined that it had lost the retaining clip on the bar that leads to the tonneau had been jettisoned cover so I got one and untangled the bars and cables and put it back together. It re-synced and the top went back up perfectly. When I tried to put it down yesterday the back of the top raised, the tonneau cover opened , the back of the window dropped, then nothing.

I am not sure what to try next. I tried resyncing a couple of times. I though it might be one of the micro switches that detects whether the cover is up to start dropping the top but I am not sure what to do about that. I know the mechanics of the motors work because it goes up every-time just fine. Any advice is appreciated

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by jrogerbeck View Post
    So my top stopped working at the end of last summer. I pulled the release handle and put it in storage. Over the winter I determined that it had lost the retaining clip on the bar that leads to the tonneau had been jettisoned cover so I got one and untangled the bars and cables and put it back together. It re-synced and the top went back up perfectly. When I tried to put it down yesterday the back of the top raised, the tonneau cover opened , the back of the window dropped, then nothing.

I am not sure what to try next. I tried resyncing a couple of times. I though it might be one of the micro switches that detects whether the cover is up to start dropping the top but I am not sure what to do about that. I know the mechanics of the motors work because it goes up every-time just fine. Any advice is appreciated
    Did you figure out your problem? Because it sounds fairly similar to mine.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...0#post30255640
    1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    2000 328i
    I did not. I figure its a microswitch problem as the top will go up just fine so I dont think its the motors I have started using the top manually. I haven't been able to find anyone to look at because I live in Wyoming.