Thread: Rear Passenger Quarter Panel Misaligned

My Cars
    '07 BMW 335i Convertible

Rear Passenger Quarter Panel Misaligned

Hey guys, I just bought an e93 about 2 weeks ago (‘07 335i). Today, I noticed there was a larger gap between the rear quarter panel and the trunk on my passenger’s side than on my driver’s. It had me a little freaked out, so I did some research and found out the car was in a fender bender in like 2010, which involves the rear passenger side.kinda mad at myself for not seeing this BEFORE I bought the car, but I’m not too worried about it.
    Right now my concern is appearances. That extra gap is driving me absolutely crazy. I notice it every time I walk by my car. Can a body shop fix this? Or am I just going to have to pretend I don’t see it and move on with my life. I’ll post pictures later today.

My Cars
    17 330i Touring M-sport
    If the car was tagged hard enough to cause alignment issues between the trunk and quarter - and that is new information to you - I'd suggest not looking at the underside or digging any deeper into the car. Cliff's notes? It wasn't a 'fender bender'. That car suffered a wallop.Yes, it can be fixed. Anything is fixable with unlimited funds. No, it doesn't make sense to do so on that car.

My Cars
    The trunk lid is adjustable. It's not a big deal at all. It may not be perfect if the rear quarter isn't aligned properly, but you can probably make it better, if not perfect.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    '07 BMW 335i Convertible
    Well shoot. That’s not fun to hear. I’ll just pretend I don’t see it. The trunk lines up well with the bumper, but not the quarter panel, so I don’t think I want to mess with that. The wreck was several years ago and the car has been inspected several times since, so I’ll just hope everything’s alright. Someday maybe I’ll be able to afford a nice respray and have some major body work done.