Thread: s52 e46

My Cars
    2JZ FD3S, 2JZ M3, 95 M3
    That's pretty awesome

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    -Andrew Mensah

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Thanks guys!!! I sure do miss drifting!!! It was the most fun i'll ever have, i'm excited to get back into it one day. But for now, my family has taken priority. My wife and I are very busy with classes, certifications, training, raising our one year old, saving for our own house, etc.

I am still posting in the forced induction section here. If anyone wants to check it out, we've been busy super-charging my brother's e36 ti.

My Cars
    BMW e30, e36, e46
    Hi . I fitted an M50B25 NV motor in my e46, however the motor is sitting almost an inch to the back. So now I can't bolt on the gearbox support bracket because it ain't lining up. I wanted to fit my e46 mounts, but it doesn't bolt to m50 block. I was thinking of drilling and tapping thread for gearbox bracket to fit. But I don't know if it's pushing against the prop also. Need help please

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    I think motor mount arms may be installed incorrectly. double check that first. e46 motor mount arms use different bolt holes than the e36 arms

My Cars
    BMW e30, e36, e46
    I used my e36 motor arms but motor must still come forward so I can bolt on the gearbox support bracket. What can I do?

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Liyaaquat View Post
    I used my e36 motor arms but motor must still come forward so I can bolt on the gearbox support bracket. What can I do?
    you have to use the e46 motor mount arms and transmission cross brace and everything will line up perfect.

My Cars
    2000 328i

Wiring

Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    Good work no doubt.
    I wish you would have reached out before all that hard work though.
    I have ran the S52 seamlessly with the E46 MS42 or MS43 dme on stock wiring harness. This including working cruise control, DSC, everything (for those that care for it).

- - - Updated - - -

And I apologize ahead of time, it's not a way to undermine your work.
    (re-read over it, and I hope it doesn't carry that vibe)

Hi man im currently swapping a rebuilt s52 into a 2000 328i from my understanding it should bolt up easy but you mentioned you have had success using a stock wiring harness can you go into more depth please thank you

also adapters like these exsist but im not sure if this would require a s52 harness https://www.condorspeedshop.com/prod...arness-adapter

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Moove328i View Post
    Hi man im currently swapping a rebuilt s52 into a 2000 328i from my understanding it should bolt up easy but you mentioned you have had success using a stock wiring harness can you go into more depth please thank you

also adapters like these exsist but im not sure if this would require a s52 harness https://www.condorspeedshop.com/prod...arness-adapter
    do you still have the e46 body-side and engine harness wiring in tact? are you planing on using that to run the s52? alpina ran a 3.4L s52 in an e46 sedan and IIRC they just used stock e46 harness minus a vanos solenoid sensor plug and a quick reflash on e46 DME.

if you still have all the e46 wiring in tact, easiest route would be to just copy alpina. I would first check with a tuner that is capable or check with your current tuner and make sure that is something they can do.

next easiest would be to use an adapter, as you mentioned, to adapt s52 engine harness to the e46 body harness.

If you are gong full race-car, I would recommend just re-pinning an s52 body side x20 connector for your specific application. that is what i have covered in this thread.

My Cars
    2000 328i
    I do still have the e46 harness intact I havent started the swap yet as I still drive the car. Also could i ask for the link from the alpina post. also what are the sdvantages of repinning the harness over using the adapter or original engines harness

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Moove328i View Post
    I do still have the e46 harness intact I havent started the swap yet as I still drive the car. Also could i ask for the link from the alpina post. also what are the sdvantages of repinning the harness over using the adapter or original engines harness
    the only real advantage of re-pinning the harness would be ease of diagnostics/trouble-shooting.

I definitely recommend using all the e46 stuff that you can. That way all the electronics on the chassis will be happy, cluster being most important.

Not easy to find any Alpina info and unfortunaley, I don't have much information for you on how easy the e46 engine harness installs on an s52. There are people that have done this, and i think maybe one or two of those guys commented somewhere in this thread. maybe you can get in contact with them.

I have been out of the loop a bit on BMW's but i think condor speed shop makes a few different wiring harness adapters. you could also try contacting them and see if they have anything to offer you.

I'm really hoping you can easily use e46 engine wire harness to run the s52, after reflashing e46 DME obviously.

just noticed the link you posted to condor speed shop. that harness will work, just need an aftermarket temp gauge
    Last edited by E36M3LX; 10-11-2023 at 05:17 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234