Thread: I sit here pondering about my life's choices..

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci

I sit here pondering about my life's choices..

why do I do this to myself LOL

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    91 850
    We should have a seat repair field day at your place, Dragon. My back hurts every time I drive the 8 anywhere longer than 45 minutes per leg. My driver's seat needs repair too. It's a bit tweaked and that's what I think cause my sitting position to be in an awkward position. I only feel the ache the day after.

My Cars
    1996 840Ci / 2007 B7
    Yep. We've all been there

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFuture8 View Post
    We should have a seat repair field day at your place, Dragon. My back hurts every time I drive the 8 anywhere longer than 45 minutes per leg. My driver's seat needs repair too. It's a bit tweaked and that's what I think cause my sitting position to be in an awkward position. I only feel the ache the day after.
    For sure, lets set the date. This is day 3 for me, I think I figured out pretty much every rail, motor and mechanism so pretty comfortable now, just takes patience.

My Cars
    91 850
    Sounds good. Perhaps April or May when the rain is over with? Good to hear you got the experience under your belt. Should help out the rest of the gang who has the same problem.

A little off topic: The new 6 speed ready for inspection?
    Last edited by ChrisFuture8; 03-20-2018 at 11:00 PM.

My Cars
    2x 850i auto / manual
    I think we are stuck honestly , it's like "shall we let go of the 8 series and make our lives better ? It makes sense . But wait....I've invested so much money and work into it , countless hours , it's the best around or it will be , I can't sell it NOW..." aaaaaaaand years go by and here you are tearing apart a seat . See , easy and stuck

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFuture8 View Post
    Sounds good. Perhaps April or May when the rain is over with? Good to hear you got the experience under your belt. Should help out the rest of the gang who has the same problem.

A little off topic: The new 6 speed ready for inspection?
    Yes, sounds good to me! Don't forget to bring that refreshment we were talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CDO5OO1A View Post
    Let's see... driver's seat lumbar bladder would not fill 'cause the pump piston was fooked, the rail drive cables were wacko, the frame rivets popped, the seat switches were loose, the button caps for the switches cracked went I put them back on. The plastic skirts weren't on right, and the forward release lever was sticky.

I feel your pain.

Attachment 625118

Attachment 625119

ACHTUNG Is right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheShark850 View Post
    I think we are stuck honestly , it's like "shall we let go of the 8 series and make our lives better ? It makes sense . But wait....I've invested so much money and work into it , countless hours , it's the best around or it will be , I can't sell it NOW..." aaaaaaaand years go by and here you are tearing apart a seat . See , easy and stuck
    On the other hand I get bored if I don't have an 8 related problem to fix and wonder around the garage aimlessly with a wrench in one hand and a beer in another lol
    Last edited by dragon850; 03-21-2018 at 12:42 AM.

My Cars
    91 850
    "On the other hand I get bored if I don't have an 8 related problem to fix and wonder around the garage aimlessly with a wrench in one hand and a beer in another lol"

LOL...too funny.

"
    Yes, sounds good to me! Don't forget to bring that refreshment we were talking about"

Absolutely! Haven't forgotten.

My Cars
    840Ci|725tds|Alpina B7
    Went through this today...10 years into ownership

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    Let's see work, seat. Seat. Golf, seat. Seat wins again. Bar, seat. Seat still wins. 8 trumps all!

My Cars
    1994 840CI & 1995 Rx-7
    I just want to pull my seats, gut the bullshit & put them on a non powered set of rails...

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    I just want to pull my seats, gut the bullshit & put them on a non powered set of rails...
    I like the powered set up, its just things get broken when cables pop out of the motors and rails get misaligned. When everything works smoothly its really nice, especially with the sport seats I am working on with knee bolster support.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    The seats need to be maintained, Just like the other moving parts, "Greased" and they will go much longer with less strain on the cables. I have sports seats as well, May put them up for sell this summer.

My Cars
    2x 850i auto / manual
    Very often I catch myself wishing I had a honda , 4 cylinder , fwd...in other words a cheap , extremely reliable car that I can leave in any neighborhood in the world and have a good time . No longer living in fear that when I turn on the key , something new will pop up which seems to be the case when you have two

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Very often I catch myself wishing I had a honda , 4 cylinder , fwd...in other words a cheap , extremely reliable car that I can leave in any neighborhood in the world and have a good time . No longer living in fear that when I turn on the key , something new will pop up which seems to be the case when you have two
    Love my Honda's but you can't leave them just anywhere. You may have seen this one before,)
    Attached Images Attached Images