Thread: Rogue Engineering SSK for E36 M3 or 328i

My Cars
    09 128i, 03 525iT, 95 M3

Rogue Engineering SSK for E36 M3 or 328i

SOLD.

Rogue Engineering Octane SSK for 1995-1999 BMW E36 M3 or 328i. This is a great shifter, and I was always really please with how this one performed. I just only changed it out to go with a RTD chassis mount shifter (race car). Stock BMW knobs are an exact fit. Includes shifter ball cup that was only used about 5 track days.

I've given up trying to post photos on this site... here is a link: http://pix.sfly.com/4oV_CRBD

Cost new is $395. This one works great and is only $250 shipped anywhere in the USA, plus $8 PayPal if not a gift.

I also have a Jaffster tall shift knob available that was a good match and will sell both combined for an even $300 plus $10 PayPal. Knob is $95 new.

Info from the Rogue Engineering website:

One of the most satisfying upgrades you can make to your BMW is to its factory shifter mechanism. By reducing the shifter's throw, you can give your manual transmission BMW a sportier, more precise feel. However, with so many different "short shift kits" out there, how can you be sure you're making the right decision? With the introduction of the Rogue Engineering OCTANE short shift kit, the choice is now crystal clear!

Rogue Engineering refuses to compromise with "lever substitution" as a method of short shift kit development. Rather than using actual test vehicles for their products, some companies actually dig through OEM factory parts diagrams to determine which factory levers can be substituted with others. This "lever substitution" method of introducing product is unacceptable for us. To find out more about this industry "shortcut", follow the links above.

Our shift kits have been developed and perfected through years of experience in proven short shifter technology, by our Co-Founder, Ben Liaw. As longtime BMW enthusiasts know, Ben was single-handedly responsible for introducing and developing the idea of affordable, BMW factory-like, short shift kits for late model BMWs (BL/SS for those young enough to remember!). By employing his original, proven concepts and incorporating specific improvements developed over the years (along with advanced manufacturing processes) we are pleased to introduce a short shift kit to call entirely our own.

The Shifter Lever
    The Rogue Engineering OCTANE short shifter represents years of experience and research in BMW short shifting products. With feedback from thousands of users and the measuring of countless prototypes, OCTANE is the culmination of a tremendous amount of research and development. This R&D is a continual process and does not stop.

Rogue Engineering idea of a short shift kit is not substituting levers in place of factory ones just because "they fit". Throughout the 80s until recently, BMW was notorious for using only a few specific shifter levers for their manual transmission vehicles. For other companies, making just a few "replacement levers" and offering them in place of those factory part numbers was an easy way of calling it a short shift kit. Unfortunately, for those companies, BMW started using many different part numbers making it more difficult to just "swap in a lever".

Rogue Engineering only develops it's short shift kit with test vehicles in their facility, testing numerous prototypes, offering others to test it before settling on it's final design. We feel that this old school, real world testing is the best way when modifying OEM ergonomic, sensory-based controls.

To appreciate the specific advantages of the OCTANE short shifter lever, one must understand the details that make it unique to all others, the heart of the OCTANE short shift kit.

Shifter Lever Upper
    The RE OCTANE features a CNC-machined 303 stainless steel upper section. This adds 150g more to the top of the shifter lever (compared to aluminum), helping to improve shifter feel. This small increase in mass above is compliments the incorporated WSR (not all models). The outside profile has been designed to mimic the factory lever. This means that you can use your factory shift knob (including illuminated ones!)

Link to BW page: http://http://www.bimmerworld.com/Dr...36-M3-328.html
    Last edited by JPJ; 04-10-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: reduced price

My Cars
    09 128i, 03 525iT, 95 M3
    OK, I was being pretty aggressive with pricing (doesn't hurt to try...) How about $250 shipped plus $8 PayPal expense if you don't gift. If you want the Jaffster knob included make if $300 shipped plus $10 PayPal.

My Cars
    09 128i, 03 525iT, 95 M3
    Bump before it goes on eBay...

My Cars
    09 128i, 03 525iT, 95 M3
    Sold